4th gen. ECU flash Released (Finally Ready)

Logo

This is a discussion on 4th gen. ECU flash Released (Finally Ready) within the 4th Gen Z1000/Ninja 1000 forums, part of the Kawasaki Z1000, Ninja 1000, Z800, Z750 & Z-750S category; hi guys, so i don't have a bike for 2 weeks now as you know as the title says.. before everything else, i just want ...

Page 1 of 25 1234511 ... LastLast
Like Tree43Likes

Thread: 4th gen. ECU flash Released (Finally Ready)

hi guys, so i don't have a bike for 2 weeks now as you know as the title says.. before everything else, i just want to sum up what i talked to Ivan about
    so there is only 1 flash for the bike..
    either you use stock/slip-on exhaust or a full exhaust; it's that good!!

1. stock slip-on exhaust- 99% tuned
    2. Full exhaust 95% tuned

so basically everything is done in the ecu..
    as what he posted on his website, "fuel controller is optional"
    so whatever elevation you may have, its fine, fixed the lean/rich spots areas, its like buying the bike from the dealership that is better than stock (to simplify it)

so if you want to make the most out of it, get the fuel controllers, PCFC (17-055) / PCV, and get it tuned right on your area, and tuned to your atmosphere/elevation..
    he also has the fuel controllers available.. and has the tune for the full exhaust in it..

so in my case, i am just going to get my ecu flash and get it tuned closeby as i am at 3,000ft ASL

Quote Originally Posted by Ivan
    Hi Ken,

The 4th Gen flash is finally ready.... Runs fantastic and smooth as silk.

My Z got 42mpg which included some spirited riding as well as some nice cornering.
    Commuting will likely be better.

I have 2 offerings. (same as the Gen 3 bike)

I won’t have dyno charts until the fall because the weather conditions were much more favorable for the base runs, and it won’t properly show the true gains until the temps and humidity drop into similar conditions.

As soon as I get them done, I'll add them to my website.

The results will be similar to the Gen 3 bike, although the peak # will be slightly less due to the smaller intake cam.

1) Stock exhaust and slip-ons

No fuel controller needed
    This setup is 99%...

2) Full Exhaust
    The tune is 95% for this setup.
    Most people will be very happy with this alone.

The tune will be only slightly off in some areas.
    (fuel corrections are less than 5% in certain areas, and cannot be felt by seat of the pants)

For the more particular people that want it to be the best that it can be, I suggest they take a PCFC from me so that it is an adjustable system and the owner gets all the maps that I made for it.
    (airbox mod, and stock airbox for full exhaust)....

With this setup the tune is 99%

Also, as time goes on, I can update the tune (if needed) so that it can be e-mailed to everyone instead of pulling and shipping.

If desired, they can custom tune and can also keep the maps that I made on the unit.
    (PCFC holds 10 maps)

I have the PCFC's in stock already programmed and ready to go.

This still remains the best way to deal with more modifications than just a pair of slip-ons due to the fact that different exhaust designs cause the tune to change at moderate and larger throttle openings.

I can program for USA, Canada & Europe for now…. (Z1000SX / Ninja 1000)

USA and Canada for the Z1000
    (Europe and AU will be available soon)

Thanks,

Ivan

Wam
    I know where I'm going saturday!!! woo hoo!
    RaWarrior likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Wam View Post
    Kind of hate you, not a lot, but a little bit.

4. Remove Advertisements
    RiderForums.com
    Advertisements

Wam
    you can live it through me. We'll skype you in

Nice! Not a bad way to spend $350.
    Does anyone know if the reflash would require the block off plates?

you can live it through me. We'll skype you in
    Wish you would, Ivan refuses to give me any pics...lol

Quote Originally Posted by kobi411 View Post
    hi guys, so i don't have a bike for 2 weeks now as you know as the title says.. before everything else, i just want to sum up what i talked to Ivan about
    so there is only 1 flash for the bike..
    either you use stock/slip-on exhaust or a full exhaust; it's that good!!

1. stock slip-on exhaust- 99% tuned
    2. Full exhaust 95% tuned

so basically everything is done in the ecu..
    as what he posted on his website, "fuel controller is optional"
    so whatever elevation you may have, its fine, fixed the lean/rich spots areas, its like buying the bike from the dealership that is better than stock (to simplify it)

so if you want to make the most out of it, get the fuel controllers, PCFC (17-055) / PCV, and get it tuned right on your area, and tuned to your atmosphere/elevation..
    he also has the fuel controllers available.. and has the tune for the full exhaust in it..

so in my case, i am just going to get my ecu flash and get it tuned closeby as i am at 3,000ft ASL
    If my 2011 is quicker and faster than your bike you will do the lighting install for free? LOL Just giving you a hard time boss.

subscribed

Quote Originally Posted by angelo112233 View Post
    Nice! Not a bad way to spend $350.
    Does anyone know if the reflash would require the block off plates?
    yes, that's to avoid backfiring/popping.. good thing i did fce and the plates, so all i have to do is remove the FCE mod.

wow, lucky!!

Quote Originally Posted by THEMANRACING View Post
    If my 2011 is quicker and faster than your bike you will do the lighting install for free? LOL Just giving you a hard time boss.
    lol, i love doing that kind of mod.. just provide me with everything.. you decide if its worth paying labor

on a side note;
    basically, they made the new cams for the 4th gen so that it wont make power anymore past 11,500
    while the 3rd gen still making power even passed that..
    stock vs stock 4th gen is better by a little within 3-6k RPM.. but once 3rd gen modded , its a different story..
    3rd gen had more gains overall... but of course it needed more R&D plus PCV to actually make the best out of it.. he described it as "mess"
    this time 4th gen is better with tuning.. just ecu and your fine.. i owned a 2010 and i also missed that beast of a bike..
    ivan mentioned to me on the phone that he had no chicken strips left on the Z1000.. and its his first z1000 since 2003

he did not want to do air box mod on the new z1000 as he said that he did not want the intake growl more pronounced as it already is lol..
    no gains on mid range just up top 2hp
    Last edited by kobi411; 07-21-15 at 10:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by kobi411 View Post
    yes, that's to avoid backfiring/popping.. good thing i did fce and the plates, so all i have to do is remove the FCE mod.

wow, lucky!!

lol, i love doing that kind of mod.. just provide me with everything.. you decide if its worth paying labor

on a side note;
    basically, they made the new cams for the 4th gen so that it wont make power anymore past 11,500
    while the 3rd gen still making power even passed that..
    stock vs stock 4th gen is better by a little within 3-6k RPM.. but once 3rd gen modded , its a different story..
    3rd gen had more gains overall... but of course it needed more R&D plus PCV to actually make the best out of it.. he described it as "mess"
    this time 4th gen is better with tuning.. just ecu and your fine.. i owned a 2010 and i also missed that beast of a bike..
    ivan mentioned to me on the phone that he had no chicken strips left on the Z1000.. and its his first z1000 since 2003

he did not want to do air box mod on the new z1000 as he said that he did not want the intake growl more pronounced as it already is lol..
    no gains on mid range just up top 2hp
    He told me the newer bikes had a better ECU. I assumed to mean better designed and better dissected for the tuners. Meaning easier to tune. I am not sure the guys in Japan would consider this "better".

Cam timing is such a weird art, because it is so amazingly simple and so misunderstood at the same time. Basically a cam's lobe's and it's timing decide where a cylinder will work best within it's rpm range. Good cams make a huge compromise and make it work kind of everywhere.

Race cams work in one certain rpm and accept the tradeoff in the other rpm's.

This is what the OEM's constantly do. They keep changing lobe characteristics and timing to give different results to the riders. It's always a trade off. there is nothing for free. they just move the power around so the rider "feels" something different.

When he says better, hes looking at overall monitoring of the "system" and things like how the secondaries are opened and closed.The better part would mean a smarter ecu on the newer bikes. You guys will be in for a real treat.
    2012 Ninja 1000 all green - Brembo 330mm rotors - AK20 fork cartridges -Penske shock-slipper -Ivans reflash...Leo Vince slip on and Arrow header

results are similar accdg. to his website.. also it is now updated!!

Ivan's Performance Products

I hope someone will post a before, and after pic of the ecu just so we can see what changed
    2012 Ninja 1000 all green - Brembo 330mm rotors - AK20 fork cartridges -Penske shock-slipper -Ivans reflash...Leo Vince slip on and Arrow header

Excellent. I'll call to make an appointment on Saturday. Definitely excited to get rid of the fuel cut and the uneven low rpm fueling.

This is 350 bucks right ? Does anyone know his turn around time ? I don't want to pester him.

Thanks

Page 1 of 25 1234511 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links