Logo

KN air filter

This is a discussion on KN air filter within the 3rd Gen Z1000/Z1000SX/Ninja 1000 forums, part of the Kawasaki Z1000, Ninja 1000, Z750 & Z-750S category; Hey boss i hope you don't think i was being a jerk. It certainly was not my intent. I was merely thinking of what is ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: KN air filter

Hey boss i hope you don't think i was being a jerk. It certainly was not my intent.

I was merely thinking of what is actually possible, not necessarily what is common.

Only reason i think the air filter can out pace the airbox is because Ivan opens up the box a bit, and even with an aftermarket filter the gain is not large.

2. # ADS

Welcome to the largest Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum on the web.
    Registers users do not see these ads, register today - it's free!

Air boxes and OEM filters are really good these days. I only wish suspension ran along at the same pace.
    2011 Ninja 1000 :: Fastest Color :: Akrapovic 4-2-1 :: Sub Throttle Plates Removed :: PAIR Blocked :: Airbox Mod :: PCV :: Cox Radiator Guard : Pit Bull Swingarm Spools :: Fuzeblocks Power Distribution :: Gerbing Hookup :: Battery Tender Hookup :: Tank Slapper :: Zero Gravity Double Bubble :: RAM Mounts :: Bags Connection Powered Tank Bag :: RKA & Ventura Tail Bags :: Sargent/Squidlius Maximus Seat

Apparently the air box on the Ninja is a bit smaller than the one on the Z1000, and gives slightly less power because of it. As Per Sport Rider April 2011.

Be neat to test both air boxes on a Ninja 1000 on a dyno and see what happens.

Quote Originally Posted by THEMANRACING View Post
    Apparently the air box on the Ninja is a bit smaller than the one on the Z1000, and gives slightly less power because of it. As Per Sport Rider April 2011.

Be neat to test both air boxes on a Ninja 1000 on a dyno and see what happens.
    Everything I've read says the Ninja makes as much power as the Z but has less intake noise which is what Kawasaki was after. If you want the additional 2 HP on top, drill it like Ivan suggests and the problem is solved if you don't mind the additional intake noise.
    2011 Ninja 1000 :: Fastest Color :: Akrapovic 4-2-1 :: Sub Throttle Plates Removed :: PAIR Blocked :: Airbox Mod :: PCV :: Cox Radiator Guard : Pit Bull Swingarm Spools :: Fuzeblocks Power Distribution :: Gerbing Hookup :: Battery Tender Hookup :: Tank Slapper :: Zero Gravity Double Bubble :: RAM Mounts :: Bags Connection Powered Tank Bag :: RKA & Ventura Tail Bags :: Sargent/Squidlius Maximus Seat

hoping to get the full Ivan's kit when money permits. With 20ish more hp I won't be loosing to any more GSXR600 street bikes at the strip...lol

Quote Originally Posted by sweetlou View Post
    I'd like to know what stock z1000 makes 135hp? That's the usual number after all the modifications.

Lou
    The bike is far from stock, the Dyno runs are for comparison purposes between the filters with no map change. I never worry about the actual numbers & never worry about what other riders get on their Dyno's, for me it is the before & after runs I look at with the same bike, same Dyno, same day.

I have both the Z1000 & Ninja air box sitting on my work bench & there is no difference in air flow between the standard filters, there is a very small difference between the outer sealing face sizes of the filters.
    Last edited by kevxtx; 10-13-13 at 05:50 AM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Ads