Logo

2011 Ninja 1000 HID Projector Headlight with Angel Eyes - ZX1000GBF

This is a discussion on 2011 Ninja 1000 HID Projector Headlight with Angel Eyes - ZX1000GBF within the 3rd Gen Z1000/Z1000SX/Ninja 1000 forums, part of the Kawasaki Z1000, Ninja 1000, Z750 & Z-750S category; So I finally got my custom installed projector head lights back from Lightwerks. Everything fit on the bike perfect. I now have both lights on ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: 2011 Ninja 1000 HID Projector Headlight with Angel Eyes - ZX1000GBF

ausbill32

2011 Ninja 1000 HID Projector Headlight with Angel Eyes - ZX1000GBF

So I finally got my custom installed projector head lights back from Lightwerks. Everything fit on the bike perfect. I now have both lights on for low beam and both for high beam. They were a bit pricey but I'm super pleased with the results and even more happy that I have both lights on. I don't have any night pictures yet but I'll post some soon. I previously had HID lights in the stock housing but the light scatter was bad and I got pulled over by the police so this was the alternative.

Bill’s 2011 Kawasaki Ninja – Dual Morimoto H1 Bixenon Projector Conversion + Angel Eyes | HID Projector Headlight Retrofit for Subaru, Honda, BMW, Scion and More | LightWerkz.net

Here's a 3 light compare

The new lights

Last edited by ausbill32; 05-07-12 at 07:39 PM.
    brianong18 likes this.

2. # ADS

Welcome to the largest Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum on the web.
    Registers users do not see these ads, register today - it's free!

Looks sweet!
    2011 Ninja 1000 --- THE GREEN NEENJA --- Detailed Mod List
    Akrapovic, BMC, Carrozzeria, DynoJet, EBC, Ermax, EvoTech, HealTech, Ivan's, Jet-Hot Coatings
    LightWerkz, MotoWerk, MRA, Ohlins, Pazzo, Powerbronze, R&G, Rizoma, Sargent, Sato, Scotts
    Servo Buddy, Shorai, Speedbleeders. Spencers, Spiegler, Tankslapper, Throttlemeister, TPO
    [Metric Motorcycles Tuned] [Air Box Mod] [Kleen Air Removed] [Subthrottle Plates Removed]

What was the $ damage?

ausbill32
    Was about $1200 after shipping. Took about 12 days including shipping.

Very nice ! (I already drooled on them on the Lightwerkz blog).

Going to get my new headlights today & can finish my own bi-xenon mod.
    Ordered the new led angel lights, which should fit on my mini gatlin's (70 mm angel eye, instead of the 90 mm you have).
    I had to grind of the thick border of the mini gatlins before they fitted nicely. Also went for the led stripes.

Your angel eyes, they are cut into the OEM reflectors in order to fit ?

ausbill32
    Wow, you're going to do them yourself...that's awesome. I'm not nearly crafty enough. The angel eyes are mounted on the projectors themselves. They are just barely tounching the lower housing from what I can tell.

After having awhile.. is all good? everything still great?

I can only tell my experience, and I have a different setup then ausbill32.

Yes, all is great, the light output is superb. It's really the double of the output of my car.
    I can drive with confidence on country roads in full darkness, the wide beam is superb! I don't just light up the road ahead of me, but also a big part of the grass/woods next to it.
    The problems some people talked about in the twisties ... those I haven't encountered yet. If it's dark I mostly limit my speed, especially in corners.
    I've only had 2 people flash at me, and that was when I was pulling up hard and the front tire wasn't touching the ground anymore.

The HID angel eyes ... of these I am even more happy. The light output is enormous !
    If I put my ZX in parking stand they fully light the garage, they even give more light then the big TL lamp that normally lights the garage.

I do a lot of commuting, and it's remarkable how many more cars get out of the way for me (aka they see me way faster).
    (we are allowed to drive between lanes in heavy traffic)

But I guess the biggest test still has to come, moving out of the city into the low mountain area of the Ardennen (Belgium's motorcycle playground). No lighted roads between the villages with lots of nice twisties ... and I have to take these every day, a lot in full darkness.

My only complaint would be ... bugs.
    It seems my ZX attracts 10x more bugs then normally, and it's getting very annoying to clean it all the time.

Oh an the other minor complaint would be: taking photo's of my ZX with the angel eyes on ... Impossible to do it withouth HDR.
    The light output is 3-4 levels stronger, so even my DSLR can't take it with auto bracketing.
    2011 Ebony Z1000SX - Akra slip-ons, Bitubo front & rear susp., Hel braided lines, Brembo SA pads, Rizoma reserv.,
    FCE, bi-xenon + LED angel eyes, Sargent seat, Evotech tail tidy, Puig screen, Evotech Rad. Guard, Rizoma sport grips,
    Throttlemeister, Vtrec levers, Givi E55 top + V35 side cases & SW-Motech elect. city tankbag, Kaw. Engine guards,
    Carbon wrap, Scottoiler E-sys., Rizoma turn signals, 190/55 PP3 tire ...

Was going through my pics, and forgot how cool the headlight casing looked with my bi-xenon mod + led angel eyes:

2011 Ebony Z1000SX - Akra slip-ons, Bitubo front & rear susp., Hel braided lines, Brembo SA pads, Rizoma reserv.,
    FCE, bi-xenon + LED angel eyes, Sargent seat, Evotech tail tidy, Puig screen, Evotech Rad. Guard, Rizoma sport grips,
    Throttlemeister, Vtrec levers, Givi E55 top + V35 side cases & SW-Motech elect. city tankbag, Kaw. Engine guards,
    Carbon wrap, Scottoiler E-sys., Rizoma turn signals, 190/55 PP3 tire ...

SDM
    Looks cool reminds me of the pixar movie cant remember the name of it DARN it.... Still looks good
    Custom Painted 2012 NON ABS
    Steel braided brake lines
    CORBIN front and pillion seat
    Pirelli Diablo tires 150/60/17 rear
    110/70/17 front
    HID Projector
    DFC fuel controller
    2 Bros slip on
    Lots of Bikers products

In the garage
    2013 Lancer EX/GTA
    Soon 2013 Kawasaki Ninja 1000

Flippin' sweet lookin' rig. Bugs, LOL, hadn't thought of that.
    2012 Ninja 1000. OEM frame sliders and axle sliders, OEM gel seat, OEM heated grips, Puig racing windscreen, Mirror Extenders, Powerlet Rapidfire heated jacket liner. RaceTech gold valve emulators and rear shock. Pilot Road 4s with 55 rear tire profile.

I ordered my set of morimoto mini H1 motorcycle retrofit last week. Got the graphite shrouds and 80mm angel eyes. I have the headlight all taken apart now and will be painting the reflectors a chrome red. I will post pics soon time. (Everyone does flat black)
    Last edited by Green_Mantis; 01-27-14 at 10:17 PM.
    2012 Ninja 1000 - Leo Vince factory R, Apex clip-ons, carbon wrap windshield, Metzeler Interact M5 Tires with 190-55-ZR17, Morimoto mini H1 projectors, Custom LED lighting

Nice I did mine too.. uploadfromtaptalk1390885799556.jpg
    Before you can be old and wise, you must first be young and stupid - Anonymous

Quote Originally Posted by JonTheChron View Post
    Did u paint at all?
    2012 Ninja 1000 - Leo Vince factory R, Apex clip-ons, carbon wrap windshield, Metzeler Interact M5 Tires with 190-55-ZR17, Morimoto mini H1 projectors, Custom LED lighting

Painted the reflector matte black and the shroud gunmetal
    Last edited by JonTheChron; 02-17-14 at 08:48 PM.
    Before you can be old and wise, you must first be young and stupid - Anonymous

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Ads