Logo

best exhaust for ninja 1000

This is a discussion on best exhaust for ninja 1000 within the 3rd Gen Z1000/Z1000SX/Ninja 1000 forums, part of the Kawasaki Z1000, Ninja 1000, Z750 & Z-750S category; hey guys! i just joined this forum (but have been reading it for years, not sure why it took me this long to register and ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: best exhaust for ninja 1000

best exhaust for ninja 1000

hey guys! i just joined this forum (but have been reading it for years, not sure why it took me this long to register and post )

I just traded my 650r in for a ninja 1000 2012 no ABS. The thing is fun , thats for sure but id like a bit more power. What mods are popular for increasing HP? New exhaust? If so, any suggesstions?

Also i am looking for a way to mount my iphone to the dash or handel bars but i see no bolt to use there!

2. # ADS

Welcome to the largest Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum on the web.
    Registers users do not see these ads, register today - it's free!

Oh boy, start searching my man. Plenty of good info. Try Pulling secondaries, fce, aix box modifications.

Quite a few different exhaust options. A few full systems too. I recommend my muzzy full system but can't say it "is the best."

Look into ram mounts for the cell phone mount. I use a ram mount that replacing the bolts holding My brake handle and mounts to that.

Lou
    therompster likes this.
    [2011 Ninja 1000 Black] [12v Plug] [5000K HIDs] [GPS Mount] [PCV] [Auto Tune] [Full Muzzy Oval] [Modded Air Box] [Subthrottle Plates Removed] [Kleen Air Mod] [CNC Levers] [Givi Rack] [Fenda Extenda] [Muzzy Fender Eliminator] [Puig Screen] [Throttle Boss] [Symtec Heated Grips]

[2004 KTM 525 EXC Supermotard - Street Legal]

[2009 KTM 250 XCW Plated 2-stroke]

Check this out for the phone mount: SW-MOTECH Detachable Vibration-Damped GPS Holder (Kawasaki Ninja 1000 '11-) - GPS.08.646.10300.B : TwistedThrottle.com

There are two bolts at the front of the tank that it mounts to. I'm thinking about getting this as soon as I convince myself it's worth it.
    therompster likes this.
    2012 Ninja 1000
    2009 ER-6n

This is on my list to do. Ivan's Performance Products

Right now I am running MIVV exhaust from pjsparts.com Great look, awesome deep tone, and a great price.
    "A great civilization is not conquered from without, until it has destroyed itself from within." W. Durant

Best is a relative term. Best performance, quality, price, looks, value, etc.? There's plenty of info here on alll those things and more. You just have to search.

I have a Yosh. Looks and sounds great.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by CPCNY View Post
    I agree.

therompster and dtyndall like this.

Quote Originally Posted by i-man View Post
    This is on my list to do. Ivan's Performance Products

Right now I am running MIVV exhaust from pjsparts.com Great look, awesome deep tone, and a great price.
    +1 to Ivan's

when i got first got my z1k and researched; Ivan's performance package seems like a very popular and good way to go. i swear it used to list a price but i cant remember what it is. i believe you saved a bit of money going that route and got all the goodies you need.
    2010 Z1000 Black & Silver (the faster one)
    **Custom Fender Eliminator**OES Frame Sliders**Puig Racing Dark Smoke Windscreen**DDM 5000k HID Setup**Dual Carbon Fiber Slip-ons**Symtec Heated Grips**ProGrip 699 Gel Grips**SpeedMetal Jelly Tank Pad - Clear**K&S GT Style Composite Mirrors**Pro Taper Contour Bars(Carmichael Bend)**Bikemaster Aluminum race spools (these do not interfere with stock exhaust)**to be cont'd...

thank you guys! i think i like the Yosh as well. ill post pics if i get it.

thank you er6n!

Quote Originally Posted by CPCNY View Post
    hey CPCNY, where did you get that tail tidy? Does it bolt to ALL four bolts on the under side? without that the tail end is loose.

Quote Originally Posted by therompster View Post
    hey guys! i just joined this forum (but have been reading it for years, not sure why it took me this long to register and post )

I just traded my 650r in for a ninja 1000 2012 no ABS. The thing is fun , thats for sure but id like a bit more power. What mods are popular for increasing HP? New exhaust? If so, any suggesstions?

Also i am looking for a way to mount my iphone to the dash or handel bars but i see no bolt to use there!
    I run the IXIL slip-on.
    Sorry for the cloudy pic, not sure what happened.
    Attached Images Attached Images

hey CPCNY, where did you get that tail tidy? Does it bolt to ALL four bolts on the under side? without that the tail end is loose.
    It's a Yosh fender eliminator. Yes It has 4 bolts through the underside. Very secure.

Yoshimura 2011-2012 Kawasaki Ninja 1000 Fender Eliminator Kit

Cool Phone mount

If you want more power buy a ZX10R.........To mount your phone go to
    RAM Mounting Systems, Inc.

Quote Originally Posted by toennesen View Post
    If you want more power buy a ZX10R.........To mount your phone go to
    RAM Mounting Systems, Inc.
    i bet he/she found a solution within the last 13 months...........
    2010 Z1000 Black & Silver (the faster one)
    **Custom Fender Eliminator**OES Frame Sliders**Puig Racing Dark Smoke Windscreen**DDM 5000k HID Setup**Dual Carbon Fiber Slip-ons**Symtec Heated Grips**ProGrip 699 Gel Grips**SpeedMetal Jelly Tank Pad - Clear**K&S GT Style Composite Mirrors**Pro Taper Contour Bars(Carmichael Bend)**Bikemaster Aluminum race spools (these do not interfere with stock exhaust)**to be cont'd...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Ads