Logo

anyone have any 0-60 or 0-100 times for Ninja 2011?

This is a discussion on anyone have any 0-60 or 0-100 times for Ninja 2011? within the 3rd Gen Z1000/Z1000SX/Ninja 1000 forums, part of the Kawasaki Z1000, Ninja 1000, Z750 & Z-750S category; curious...

Results 1 to 12 of 12
  1. #1
    ausbill32
    Guest ausbill32's Avatar

    anyone have any 0-60 or 0-100 times for Ninja 2011?

    curious

  2. # ADS

    Welcome to the largest Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum on the web.
    Registers users do not see these ads, register today - it's free!

  3. #2
    Up-And Comer viper1's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Iowa
    Posts
    72
    I am thinking somewhere in the area of 2.8 for 0-60. I believe that is what it is for the Z1K and i would imagine its about the same for the ninja. Others may have more info. Unsure about 0-100.

  4. #3
    Supreme Being RS117's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    vermont
    Age
    45
    Posts
    5,050
    Thanked
    6 times
    Naaa, I am sure the Z1k is a few tenths slower
    CUSTOM METALLIC BURNT CANDY ORANGE and BLACK 2010 Z1000 :0)

    FMF APEX slipon exhaust, CRG Arrows W/ RS CUSTOM barends, Blue CoreMoto SS brake lines, Pazzo Smoke Shorty Levers, Custom LED Intergrated Taillight, XenTec 35W HID's ( 5000K Bulbs ), OES Frame Sliders, Baldwin pillion seat, Keiti Tank Pad, Tech Spec C3 Tank Grips, swing arm spools

  5. #4
    Up-And Comer viper1's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Iowa
    Posts
    72
    Not if im drivin the ZED RS117 JK, but really. On a nearly totally unrelated note I took a 09' VMAX 1700 for a test ride with my old man the other day (not tandom). Holy Sh*t batman that thing was insane fast!!! I like the ZED more but darn that thing was fast, stupid fast.

  6. #5
    Up-And Comer wjones14's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Niantic CT
    Posts
    132
    Thanked
    1 times
    Cycle World posted these acceleration times for a 2010 Z1000:

    0-30 1.2 seconds
    0-60 2.7 seconds
    0-90 5.0 seconds
    0-100 6.0 seconds
    1/4 mile 10.38 seconds @ 129.61 mph
    2011 Candy Lime Green Z1000
    Former Bikes: 2009 Kawasaki Ninja 650R; 1976 Kawasaki KZ900; 1973 Honda CB750; 1972 Suzuki TS 250 Savage

  7. #6
    Supreme Being bakwheeltango's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    BC, Lower Mainland
    Age
    46
    Posts
    1,285
    Thanked
    71 times
    Quote Originally Posted by wjones14 View Post
    Cycle World posted these acceleration times for a 2010 Z1000:

    0-30 1.2 seconds
    0-60 2.7 seconds
    0-90 5.0 seconds
    0-100 6.0 seconds
    1/4 mile 10.38 seconds @ 129.61 mph
    NICE!!!!!!!!!!! I thought it was around 2.8 for 0-60
    geez I wonder if mine is 2.6 with all the mods and with my lean bacon butt on it. lol
    AKRA FULL RACE Ti DYNOJET PCV IVAN'S PERF. ECU REFLASH - AIRBOX MOD BMC FILTER, 15/43 GEARING, BLOCK OFF PLATES SATO BLK REARSETS,
    HYPERPRO STEERING DAMPER PAZZ0 SHORTIES RIZOMA FAT BAR, GRIPS, BAR ENDS, FRNT/REAR BRAKE RESV, EXHAUST HANGER, CHAIN GUARD CRG BARENDS
    POWERBRONZE CARBON FIBRE BELLYPAN & HUGGER EVOTECH RAD GUARD & TAIL TIDY

    MY Z1000 FREAKIN' RULEZ
    TRACK TOUR (1250KM/776mi LONGEST DAY) HOOLIGAN 24/7

  8. #7
    Site Elder motoCYCHO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    SLC, UT
    Age
    45
    Posts
    717
    Thanked
    30 times
    zero to anything times on a motorcycle can vary widely based on size and skill of the rider plus other factors like air quality and altitude. You wanna brag on your bikes ability to take off from a dead stop.. take it to a drag strip and get a time slip. Won't show you 0-60 but you can see other interesting points of distance / duration. 60', 330' 1/8th mile, 1000' and the full 1/4 mile at most tracks. There's your real world numbers. Post a pic of your slip here... then you can brag!
    - Rev. CYCHO -

    - Church of the Holy Smoke -

  9. #8
    Supreme Being bakwheeltango's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    BC, Lower Mainland
    Age
    46
    Posts
    1,285
    Thanked
    71 times
    Quote Originally Posted by motoCYCHO View Post
    zero to anything times on a motorcycle can vary widely based on size and skill of the rider plus other factors like air quality and altitude. You wanna brag on your bikes ability to take off from a dead stop.. take it to a drag strip and get a time slip. Won't show you 0-60 but you can see other interesting points of distance / duration. 60', 330' 1/8th mile, 1000' and the full 1/4 mile at most tracks. There's your real world numbers. Post a pic of your slip here... then you can brag!
    yeah I agree totally. I always say "I think it's an estimated 2.8"
    only time I have even come close to doing a dead stop to 1/4 mile was when I raced my buddy riding my old bike and my Z wheelied through the first 3 gears.
    Do you know if they will kick you off a 1/4 mile race track it the wheel comes up?
    AKRA FULL RACE Ti DYNOJET PCV IVAN'S PERF. ECU REFLASH - AIRBOX MOD BMC FILTER, 15/43 GEARING, BLOCK OFF PLATES SATO BLK REARSETS,
    HYPERPRO STEERING DAMPER PAZZ0 SHORTIES RIZOMA FAT BAR, GRIPS, BAR ENDS, FRNT/REAR BRAKE RESV, EXHAUST HANGER, CHAIN GUARD CRG BARENDS
    POWERBRONZE CARBON FIBRE BELLYPAN & HUGGER EVOTECH RAD GUARD & TAIL TIDY

    MY Z1000 FREAKIN' RULEZ
    TRACK TOUR (1250KM/776mi LONGEST DAY) HOOLIGAN 24/7

  10. #9
    Site Elder Bikerdude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Chicago/Houston
    Posts
    597
    Thanked
    24 times
    No, I've seen some good wheelies at the track, but pro riders will always have drag bars and the front is usually up 3-4" as that's about where the drag bars hit the ground. 0-60 is all about traction, clutch manipulation, weight and skill and little to do with HP once you get over about 600cc.

  11. #10
    Site Elder motoCYCHO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    SLC, UT
    Age
    45
    Posts
    717
    Thanked
    30 times
    Quote Originally Posted by bakwheeltango View Post
    Do you know if they will kick you off a 1/4 mile race track it the wheel comes up?
    Depends on the track. The track I run at will kick you if you pop up and ride a wheelie stunna style.. but if you are truly trying to drag race and your wheelie is controlled and limited to a perfect hoover only a few inches, no, they won't kick you out. Of course they won't kick you if it comes up fast and you chop or control it down fast.. but show boat.. ya, you are out.
    - Rev. CYCHO -

    - Church of the Holy Smoke -

  12. #11
    Supreme Being bakwheeltango's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    BC, Lower Mainland
    Age
    46
    Posts
    1,285
    Thanked
    71 times
    Quote Originally Posted by motoCYCHO View Post
    Depends on the track. The track I run at will kick you if you pop up and ride a wheelie stunna style.. but if you are truly trying to drag race and your wheelie is controlled and limited to a perfect hoover only a few inches, no, they won't kick you out. Of course they won't kick you if it comes up fast and you chop or control it down fast.. but show boat.. ya, you are out.
    LOL.... it would be worth getting kicked out for... especially if someone taped it!
    AKRA FULL RACE Ti DYNOJET PCV IVAN'S PERF. ECU REFLASH - AIRBOX MOD BMC FILTER, 15/43 GEARING, BLOCK OFF PLATES SATO BLK REARSETS,
    HYPERPRO STEERING DAMPER PAZZ0 SHORTIES RIZOMA FAT BAR, GRIPS, BAR ENDS, FRNT/REAR BRAKE RESV, EXHAUST HANGER, CHAIN GUARD CRG BARENDS
    POWERBRONZE CARBON FIBRE BELLYPAN & HUGGER EVOTECH RAD GUARD & TAIL TIDY

    MY Z1000 FREAKIN' RULEZ
    TRACK TOUR (1250KM/776mi LONGEST DAY) HOOLIGAN 24/7

  13. #12
    Site Elder Lumberjack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    703
    Thanked
    2 times
    Haha - may as well, on the last run of the nite..

Ads

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Search tags for this page

2011 ninja 1000 acceleration
,
2012 ninja 1000 0 to 60
,
2013 ninja 1000 0-60
,

kawasaki ninja 1000 0-100

,
kawasaki ninja 1000 0-60
,
ninja 1000 0 to 100
,

ninja 1000 0 to 60

,
ninja 1000 0-100
,

ninja 1000 0-60

,

ninja 650r 0-60

Click on a term to search for related topics.