Logo

2011 Ninja 1000 mod list - post your mods

This is a discussion on 2011 Ninja 1000 mod list - post your mods within the 3rd Gen Z1000/Z1000SX/Ninja 1000 forums, part of the Kawasaki Z1000, Ninja 1000, Z750 & Z-750S category; Originally Posted by badger64 what about both colours candylimegreen/white? That works with the distinctive lines of the Z1000, but I don't care for the multi-color ...

Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: 2011 Ninja 1000 mod list - post your mods

Quote Originally Posted by badger64 View Post
    what about both colours candylimegreen/white?
    That works with the distinctive lines of the Z1000, but I don't care for the multi-color schemes on the Ninja 1000.
    2011 Ninja 1000 --- THE GREEN NEENJA --- Detailed Mod List
    Akrapovic, BMC, Carrozzeria, DynoJet, EBC, Ermax, EvoTech, HealTech, Ivan's, Jet-Hot Coatings
    LightWerkz, MotoWerk, MRA, Ohlins, Pazzo, Powerbronze, R&G, Rizoma, Sargent, Sato, Scotts
    Servo Buddy, Shorai, Speedbleeders. Spencers, Spiegler, Tankslapper, Throttlemeister, TPO
    [Metric Motorcycles Tuned] [Air Box Mod] [Kleen Air Removed] [Subthrottle Plates Removed]

2. # ADS

Welcome to the largest Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum on the web.
    Registers users do not see these ads, register today - it's free!

black tank pad?

Quote Originally Posted by darkshadow View Post
    this my model
    Radial RCS Brake + brake hose

where did you get the black tank pad? which model was it? it looks like what i'm looking for - thx

Quote Originally Posted by miykl View Post
    If I may add my $0.02... I may be trying something different. AT 6' with an X11 helmet I get a good bit of buffeting in the lower two positions above 60mph. The highest position is ok, but still not clean air at 75-80. In the middle position it blurrs my vision there so much buffeting.
    Did you find a quiet solution? I'm screen shopping for my 2011 n 1k - thx

My touring solution for a wind screen

Quote Originally Posted by treestone27 View Post
    Did you find a quiet solution? I'm screen shopping for my 2011 n 1k - thx
    http://calsci.com/motorcycleinfo/Ninja10prod.html Check out this shield. The first picture is the one I bought. In the middle position like in the picture, wind noise is greatly reduced. However, in the full up position my wind noise is all but gone. I am stunned how effective this shield is for wind protection and noise. I rode yesterday in 40 MPH winds for 300 miles and could not have enjoyed my ride without it. AND, the bugs do not land on my face shield in the middle or the top position.

Just wanted to thank you all for your post, I have been reading and clicking on every link you guys have posted.
    So you guys with the long lists of mods, know that it is not in vein! And keep em coming...

I have had my Ninja for about a month now... It is a Torque Monster!!! I love it...

The one thing for me that had to go was the seat. I thought I could live with it, and I could, but I went w/ a Sargent and haven't looked back!!!

I got one with the matching red welt like my bike, and the rear cover... NOTE: you have to install the rear cover yourself, it is not a entire new seat!
    USE a hairdryer to heat it up and stretch it out over the rear seat, then use a staple gun to staple it down... it is not rocket science, and just take your time...
    Mine came out really good, and I am happy with it... I ordered mine and it was on my doorstep in about 10 days flat, nice work Sargent Seats!!!

http://www.sargentcycle.com/kawwsz1000ninja.htm

Other than that I have a few little bits on order, but so far it is pretty stock... Hopefully when the budget allows there will be more parts in the mail!!!

Oh one more thing,
    I heard someone talking about wanting a green one and/or ABS
    Looks like you'll get your wish for 2012...

http://www.kawasaki.com/Products/Pro...?scid=6&id=568

Quote Originally Posted by DJB, Lodi View Post
    http://calsci.com/motorcycleinfo/Ninja10prod.html Check out this shield. The first picture is the one I bought. In the middle position like in the picture, wind noise is greatly reduced. However, in the full up position my wind noise is all but gone. I am stunned how effective this shield is for wind protection and noise. I rode yesterday in 40 MPH winds for 300 miles and could not have enjoyed my ride without it. AND, the bugs do not land on my face shield in the middle or the top position.
    i'm inching that way - comfort over looks. but, i'm going to try the neck collar thing and see what that does and hear back on the mra vs bronze double bubble report before going huge on the windscreen - the bugs thing is making me think you're riding up in canada or alaska? There's one stretch of road I ride over a river and i do get assaulted with dead bugs, so i know what you mean.

Man, I really like the concept of the Reevu helmet. Can you elaborate on it for me? I would love to hear what you think of it from the fit, to ventilation to noise and obviously the rear view aspect of it as well.

I would also be interested in how to link the lights like that as well.

Thanks a bunch.

11. Reevu helmet - a helmet with a rear view mirror - 2 thumbs up!! - http://www.vision-helmets.com/ or www.reevu.com

H7 HID Kit
    Standard low-beam right side bulb on only (stock bulb) -

HIDs installed - both bulbs on but I forfited my highbeam (both lights wired to highbeam)

About to get the green 2012 with ABS (without telling OL), this link will help me stay in the dog house a little longer.Thanks for all the info gents, I know it takes a lot of time gathering and posting the lists with websites, thanks again.

Quote Originally Posted by Junzais View Post
    11. Reevu helmet - a helmet with a rear view mirror - 2 thumbs up!!
    i have tried one and frankly didnt like it at all, a quick look in the mirrors and a quick head move for blind spots does a better job i find...
    the mirrors are so small in there and i find it takes longer for my eyes to adjust from looking far away to looking close range in the mirror and then goin back to open road...

Thank you Elk for the input, that is just the kind of information that I am looking for ...

Anyone else have input in the Reevu?

ausbill32
    Honestly, I would not recommend the Reevu helmet now that I've had it for several months.

My Reevu helmet review in comparison to my two Shoei (one is a 2008 model the other 2010)
    Pro's:
    -by far the quietest helmet I've ever had which is really nice (quieter than new shoei)
    -it's great for seeing people coming up on you at night
    -the outside finish is real nice on the helmet
    -inside padding is great, very comfy, it's removable, easy to wash
    -lots of people like to talk about it
    -great concept,
    -the helmet is warmer than the Shoei so it would be good for colder a climate. In this Texas heat, my shoei felt like an air conditioning unit compared to the Reevu.

Con's
    -I don't really use the mirror as much as I thought I would - I tend to just stick with the mounted bike mirrors (except at night)
    -I have the mirror down as far as it will go but I feel like my eyes strain sometimes to look into it
    -The edge of my sunglasses sometimes blocked the mirror so I had to get some sun glasses without a frame
    -The whole face shield area feels or is smaller - I've lost some peripheral viewing area so a quick glance over my shoulder has turned into a big head turn
    -The helmet is heavier than anything I've ever owned
    -The helmet sits higher on my head (feels a bit awkward and clumsy, a clunky feeling)
    -Both mirrored visors I've purchased have minor blemishes - there are no 3rd party after market vendor for the mirrored visiors
    -The helmet quick release strap is cool but it's not comfy at all, it chaps my neck because the padding doesn't stay in place
    -There is no clip so I cannot lock the helmet to my bike

I'm going to go modify my recommendation about the helmet at the beginning of this thread.
    Last edited by ausbill32; 04-14-12 at 09:01 PM.

Excellent reply and review... Thank you very much.

Quote Originally Posted by ausbill32 View Post
    Honestly, I would not recommend the Reevu helmet now that I've had it for several months.

My Reevu helmet review in comparison to my two Shoei (one is a 2008 model the other 2010)
    Pro's:
    -by far the quietest helmet I've ever had which is really nice (quieter than new shoei)
    -it's great for seeing people coming up on you at night
    -the outside finish is real nice on the helmet
    -inside padding is great, very comfy, it's removable, easy to wash
    -lots of people like to talk about it
    -great concept,
    -the helmet is warmer than the Shoei so it would be good for colder a climate. In this Texas heat, my shoei felt like an air conditioning unit compared to the Reevu.

Con's
    -I don't really use the mirror as much as I thought I would - I tend to just stick with the mounted bike mirrors (except at night)
    -I have the mirror down as far as it will go but I feel like my eyes strain sometimes to look into it
    -The edge of my sunglasses sometimes blocked the mirror so I had to get some sun glasses without a frame
    -The whole face shield area feels or is smaller - I've lost some peripheral viewing area so a quick glance over my shoulder has turned into a big head turn
    -The helmet is heavier than anything I've ever owned
    -The helmet sits higher on my head (feels a bit awkward and clumsy, a clunky feeling)
    -Both mirrored visors I've purchased have minor blemishes - there are no 3rd party after market vendor for the mirrored visiors
    -The helmet quick release strap is cool but it's not comfy at all, it chaps my neck because the padding doesn't stay in place

I'm going to go modify my recommendation about the helmet at the beginning of this thread.
    What's the new Shoei you have? The Qwest? I have the Qwest with the neoprene sleeve over the neck gap. It's pretty quiet, but when I hold my hand against my neck, the noise goes down further. So, I'm going to try a neck brace/helmet rest. I'm still searching for the quietest ride.

ausbill32
    I have two, RF1100 and RF1000

Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Ads