Logo

2011 Ninja 1000 mod list - post your mods

This is a discussion on 2011 Ninja 1000 mod list - post your mods within the 3rd Gen Z1000/Z1000SX/Ninja 1000 forums, part of the Kawasaki Z1000, Ninja 1000, Z750 & Z-750S category; Tell me what the difference is. Easier turning? Absolutely, the oft quoted advantage is a better turn in which is definitely true but I found ...

Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: 2011 Ninja 1000 mod list - post your mods

Tell me what the difference is. Easier turning?
    Absolutely, the oft quoted advantage is a better turn in which is definitely true but I found it was a massive improvement across the whole turning/leaning arc which also means flickabiity improves. In my case, I found with the 190/50 there was a point mid lean where the back wheel almost resisted the turn. Bearing in mind I went from sport tyres on the 50 to touring tyres this only emphasises the improvement of the 55. Obviously profile is the main factor but I suspect the 55, being taller, is also a factor. I read somewhere its a 5% better contact patch but I cant find the article to confirm my dodgy memory ...

2. # ADS

Welcome to the largest Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum on the web.
    Registers users do not see these ads, register today - it's free!

Akrapovic 4-2 full exhaust (ti cans)
    Bazzaz Z-FI/Z-AFM
    ECU hacked
    Supension revalved/resprung
    Puig light tint wind screen
    Poweder coated passenger grab bars black
    removed stickers
    R&G fender elem
    T-Rex frame sliders
    T-Rex fork slider
    T-Rex swing arm sliders/lifts
    air injection block off
    removed lower airbox chamber cover

Last edited by miykl; 07-18-11 at 08:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by MidKnightUSN View Post
    I already ordered the seats from Corbin after weeks of explaining to them the difference between the ZX1000GBF and a ZX-10R; little **** named Vincent use to work there till he was fired. They finally posted the 2011 Ninja 1000 seats as available on their website. Well $500 and one week later they sent me ZX-10R seats freaking dumbasses. I had to return the seats and even send them pictures of my bike, again, showing the mounts on the bike and the pans of the current seats. I told them to go down to one of the four Kawasaki dealerships within 50 miles of their california manufacturing plant for an inperson look over of the bike and pans. I've been waiting almost two months now for my refund. I have order from Corbin twice in the past, but I think they have gotten young, dumb, and lazy with their techs! I'm going with Sargent as soon as I'm done traveling. I've ordered from them as well and they've always done excellent work; just hate giving up the seats for 2-3 weeks. They're really slow about fabricating their own pans, but the work is top notch and they customize both the rider and passenger seat for cheaper than Baldwin.
    I used corbin over the years but after a couple of bad experiences with poor craftsmanship and bad customer sevice I have switched to Sargent. I sent my N1K seat to them to rework and it's pefect and does "not" require break like a Corbin supposedly does. I put literally thousands of miles on a Corbin seat I had on my Meanstreak and it never changed and was hard as a friggen rock til the day I sold the bike.
    Last edited by OKC-N1K; 09-23-11 at 03:21 PM.
    2011 N1K, 2011 ZX-10R (track bike), 2005 Triumph Trhuxton w/904 kit, cams, carbs, predators and finely tuned, 1985 V65 Magna (Immaculate condition with less than 10K on the clock)

Hey Dasani thanks for posting all of that!...
    I'll just leave my signature with all my mods in it... everyone know how to google for it.
    I ordered a Gold plug too. thanks!
    AKRA FULL RACE Ti DYNOJET PCV IVAN'S PERF. FCE - AIRBOX MOD BMC FILTER, 16/42 GEARING, BLOCK OFF PLATES
    SATO BLK REARSETS, HYPERPRO STEERING DAMPNER PAZZ0 SHORTIES RIZOMA HANDLE BARS & CLAMP, GRIPS, BAR ENDS, FRNT/REAR BRAKE RESV, EXHAUST HANGER, CHNGRD, CRG BARENDS POWERBRONZE WINDSCREEN, CARBON FIBRE BELLYPAN, HUGGER EVOTECH RAD GUARD & TAIL TIDY

MY Z1000 FREAKIN' RULEZ
    TRACK TOUR (1250KM/776mi LONGEST DAY) HOOLIGAN!

question removed .... wrong spot ....
    Last edited by bilbs; 07-17-11 at 03:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by bakwheeltango View Post
    Hey Dasani thanks for posting all of that!...
    I'll just leave my signature with all my mods in it... everyone know how to google for it.
    I ordered a Gold plug too. thanks!
    Glad it helped! I just put on my PowerBronze rear hugger thanks to your suggestion. I haven't tested it yet, but I believe it has cured the "flicking of little rocks upon the back of the seat" problem I was having. Thanks!
    2011 Ninja 1000 --- THE GREEN NEENJA --- Detailed Mod List
    Akrapovic, BMC, Carrozzeria, DynoJet, EBC, Ermax, EvoTech, HealTech, Ivan's, Jet-Hot Coatings
    LightWerkz, MotoWerk, MRA, Ohlins, Pazzo, Powerbronze, R&G, Rizoma, Sargent, Sato, Scotts
    Servo Buddy, Shorai, Speedbleeders. Spencers, Spiegler, Tankslapper, Throttlemeister, TPO
    [Metric Motorcycles Tuned] [Air Box Mod] [Kleen Air Removed] [Subthrottle Plates Removed]

Just some more feedback on the 190/55. I got rid of the original factory fitted tyres at 2500km's ..... just did not feel right and after many suspension changes I started researching the forums. I have now swapped to a Pilot Pure Front(120/70) and Pilot Road 3(190/55) rear and with 120 kms on the set now, I am now in a very happy place with very smooth transitions from left to right in the twisty's ... and no fighting it !. I had 2 problems with the original tyres .... 1.) Front wheel felt like it was sliding on downhill corners (scary feedback) and 2.) Rear tyre felt like it was fighting the lean. Now, I will also need to change my sag again, so I vision the bike will handle even better once done ...... I must admit I am tempted to leave it as is though.

Quote Originally Posted by kboz View Post
    Absolutely, the oft quoted advantage is a better turn in which is definitely true but I found it was a massive improvement across the whole turning/leaning arc which also means flickabiity improves. In my case, I found with the 190/50 there was a point mid lean where the back wheel almost resisted the turn. Bearing in mind I went from sport tyres on the 50 to touring tyres this only emphasises the improvement of the 55. Obviously profile is the main factor but I suspect the 55, being taller, is also a factor. I read somewhere its a 5% better contact patch but I cant find the article to confirm my dodgy memory ...

Hi Dansi, how is the puig screen going at Highway + speeds ?

Quote Originally Posted by bilbs View Post
    I've only ridden with it in the lower position, as it's hot here (100F). It does it's job and the wind hits me higher on the chest for sure. In fact, I think I'm going to put the stock screen back on so I can get a bit more wind through my jacket.
    2011 Ninja 1000 --- THE GREEN NEENJA --- Detailed Mod List
    Akrapovic, BMC, Carrozzeria, DynoJet, EBC, Ermax, EvoTech, HealTech, Ivan's, Jet-Hot Coatings
    LightWerkz, MotoWerk, MRA, Ohlins, Pazzo, Powerbronze, R&G, Rizoma, Sargent, Sato, Scotts
    Servo Buddy, Shorai, Speedbleeders. Spencers, Spiegler, Tankslapper, Throttlemeister, TPO
    [Metric Motorcycles Tuned] [Air Box Mod] [Kleen Air Removed] [Subthrottle Plates Removed]

Quote Originally Posted by Dasani View Post
    Glad it helped! I just put on my PowerBronze rear hugger thanks to your suggestion. I haven't tested it yet, but I believe it has cured the "flicking of little rocks upon the back of the seat" problem I was having. Thanks!
    yah it makes a big difference! especially in combination with the evotech tail tidy; uses that license plate to block the flying debris too.
    AKRA FULL RACE Ti DYNOJET PCV IVAN'S PERF. FCE - AIRBOX MOD BMC FILTER, 16/42 GEARING, BLOCK OFF PLATES
    SATO BLK REARSETS, HYPERPRO STEERING DAMPNER PAZZ0 SHORTIES RIZOMA HANDLE BARS & CLAMP, GRIPS, BAR ENDS, FRNT/REAR BRAKE RESV, EXHAUST HANGER, CHNGRD, CRG BARENDS POWERBRONZE WINDSCREEN, CARBON FIBRE BELLYPAN, HUGGER EVOTECH RAD GUARD & TAIL TIDY

MY Z1000 FREAKIN' RULEZ
    TRACK TOUR (1250KM/776mi LONGEST DAY) HOOLIGAN!

I would gladly add to this thread if I could FIND anything to buy!!. I want a tinted windscreen, a fender eliminator kit (not targa) and a passenger seat to cut back and mod. Pipes will come soon.

time for a bump
    Expect the unexpected !
    Green & Black N1K '11 - Michellin PR3s with 55 rear profile, 5K HID & LED runners, IVANS FCE, Evotech - Tail Tidy & Rad Guard, SW-M irror Extendors, PUIG screen dark smoke, Sargent Seat, Black Brawler pipes, next up pazzo levers.

Quote Originally Posted by bilbs View Post
    If I may add my $0.02... I may be trying something different. AT 6' with an X11 helmet I get a good bit of buffeting in the lower two positions above 60mph. The highest position is ok, but still not clean air at 75-80. In the middle position it blurrs my vision there so much buffeting.

this my model
    Radial RCS Brake + brake hose

I belive ERMAX make some larger screens that dont look too bad.

Search the threads for ermax, heres what I almost bought but looked a bit tall

http://www.bikepics.com/members/tioui/11z1000sx/

Quote Originally Posted by miykl View Post
    If I may add my $0.02... I may be trying something different. AT 6' with an X11 helmet I get a good bit of buffeting in the lower two positions above 60mph. The highest position is ok, but still not clean air at 75-80. In the middle position it blurrs my vision there so much buffeting.
    Expect the unexpected !
    Green & Black N1K '11 - Michellin PR3s with 55 rear profile, 5K HID & LED runners, IVANS FCE, Evotech - Tail Tidy & Rad Guard, SW-M irror Extendors, PUIG screen dark smoke, Sargent Seat, Black Brawler pipes, next up pazzo levers.

Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Ads