Logo

Ninja 1000 "loose" footpegs?

This is a discussion on Ninja 1000 "loose" footpegs? within the 3rd Gen Z1000/Z1000SX/Ninja 1000 forums, part of the Kawasaki Z1000, Ninja 1000, Z750 & Z-750S category; I noticed at the dealership and the Ticket 2 Ride event, that all Ninja 1000s had loose, or at least springy, footpegs. You can literally ...

Ninja 1000 "loose" footpegs?

I noticed at the dealership and the Ticket 2 Ride event, that all Ninja 1000s had loose, or at least springy, footpegs. You can literally grab the right or left front footpeg and wiggle it up and down - and I mean the ENTIRE bracket. On the left side, the peg and the shifter move and on the right the peg and brake lever move. It doesn't do this on the Z1000 or any other bike Kawi makes that I've seen.

It looks like there are only 2 bolts holding the bracket on. Has anyone else noticed this or had a concern about it?

2. # ADS

Welcome to the largest Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum on the web.
    Registers users do not see these ads, register today - it's free!

Hmm, interesting, was it the actual peg that you would rest your foot on (I know that has a built in spring to give if it touches the tarmac). Or are you talking about the entire rear set that the peg is mounted on.

I compared some hi-res pictures of the Z to the Ninja, and the rearsets do look slightly different.
    2010 Kawasaki Z1000 - Akrapovic CF Race Exhaust System, DynoJet PC-V, Puig Screen, Tomok Billet Mirror, Pazzo Long Racing Levers, OEM Seat Cowl, OES Sliders, Krayzie Gfx Reflective Striping

Their rubber mounted, their made to wiggle some. Just like the grab handles.

2011 Ninja 1000-- Up for sale
    Sale Thread

It's the entire mount. Grab the peg and push toward the ground. The entire mount with peg and levers will give. I did this on every Ninja 1000 I've encountered (5 or 6) just to check.

Yep, as JD mentioned, they're rubber mounted and have an anti-vibration weight on the back of them.
    2011 Ninja 1000 --- THE GREEN NEENJA --- Detailed Mod List
    Akrapovic, BMC, Carrozzeria, DynoJet, EBC, Ermax, EvoTech, HealTech, Ivan's, Jet-Hot Coatings
    LightWerkz, MotoWerk, MRA, Ohlins, Pazzo, Powerbronze, R&G, Rizoma, Sargent, Sato, Scotts
    Servo Buddy, Shorai, Speedbleeders. Spencers, Spiegler, Tankslapper, Throttlemeister, TPO
    [Metric Motorcycles Tuned] [Air Box Mod] [Kleen Air Removed] [Subthrottle Plates Removed]

Quote Originally Posted by Jdgreenberg View Post
    Their rubber mounted, their made to wiggle some. Just like the grab handles.
    My only problem is that there are only 2 bolts in the horizontal plane holding them on. No other Kawi made does this. If you look at the top hole of the mount, it's almost as if the bolt behind it should've been bigger to stabilize the thing.

This was kawi's way to minimize vibration. Does it work? Don't know. Will it wear out and wiggle worse? Prob. Do I like it? No. Am I replacing it? Not yet, other upgrades before I replace rearset. I've read you can replace them with the z mounts also

Sale Thread

I prefer the Z pegs..... not to happy with the marshmallows when riding aggressively
    Black 2011 Ninja 1000....Sold
    Black 2012 ZX14R.....Sold
    2013 Diavel Dark..... Totaled, textbook intersection scenario
    2012 Arabian Red

If we can indeed replace them with the Z1000 bracket then I may end up doing that.

I installed 4 rubber washers that i got at the hardware store behind my factory Z mounts.
    Cut out the buzzyness yet still feels just as solid as stock and only cost 88 cents.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    I installed 4 rubber washers that i got at the hardware store behind my factory Z mounts.
    Cut out the buzzyness yet still feels just as solid as stock and only cost 88 cents.
    cool idea, you'll have to give us a report once you get a bunch of miles on that mod

Sale Thread

Yeah i figure they will loosen eventually.
    But for the price and 5min labor i figure its worth it.
    If they wear quickly will just go back to factory setup no big deal.
    Thats another reason i went for a thin washer size rather than a thick one which would probably get sloppy fast.
    Will keep updating.

Quote Originally Posted by MeatRocket View Post
    If we can indeed replace them with the Z1000 bracket then I may end up doing that.
    The pickup points on the frame are the same. The Ninja has different pegs, outside brackets, and the rubber mount sandwiched in between the bracket and the frame. The entire Z1000 assemblies should bolt right on.

Ads