Logo

Rizoma Tomok look a like mirrors

This is a discussion on Rizoma Tomok look a like mirrors within the 3rd Gen Z1000/Z1000SX/Ninja 1000 forums, part of the Kawasaki Z1000, Ninja 1000, Z750 & Z-750S category; http://www.rideitmoto.com/products.php?id=13...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Cool Rizoma Tomok look a like mirrors

Last edited by Robhor; 06-30-11 at 01:00 PM.

2. # ADS

Welcome to the largest Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum on the web.
    Registers users do not see these ads, register today - it's free!

I just ordered a pair last night. I'll post up a review when I get them in.

Unfortunately, I think they will be coming from China, Taiwan, or somewhere similar.

Thanks, keep us posted.

Thumbs down

Well, I tried these, but they aren't going to work.

The mirrors arrived in a smashed box. The parts inside had slight chips and scratches.

I tried to install them anyway, because I was prepared to buy some touch up paint and deal with it.

The left side installed fine.

The bolt on the right hand side was too long. It didn't allow me tighten the mirror down. I also would have had to flip the mounting hardware in reverse to prevent it from hitting my Rizoma brake fluid reservoir. I was a bit worried about doing this, as the mirrors would be over the handlebars a couple inches more than I wanted, but again, I was prepared to deal with this, as I was getting them for extremely cheap.

So, I kept the left side installed, and set off to find a shorter bolt. I tried both a Lowe's and a specialty hardware store. I found that this bolt was a 10x1.25 bolt, and neither were even able to order them. Also, the bolt holding the mirror at an upwards angle loosened on the way, which required me to hold the mirror up off my clutch with my forefinger.

At this point, I'd had it. I got home, pulled up PayPal's dispute center, and opened a case with this:

I would like to dispute this transaction. Not only did the mirrors arrive scratched, but the hardware provided does not allow the mirrors to be mounted.

I bought these mirrors to install on a 2010 Z1000 with the Rizoma brake fluid reservoir. Your page clearly shows them mounted on my bike with this setup:
    http://www.rideitmoto.com/upload/all...i-Z1000-04.jpg

Yet, if installed with the hardware included, the hardware comes in contact with the reservoir, preventing proper installation.

Also, the bolts included are too long to mount on the right hand side. I tried to resolve this issue myself, visiting both a regular hardware store and a specialty fastener store. Neither were even able to order a bolt with the correct diameter in pitch of any size.

On top of this, the mirrors arrived with minor chipping and scratching. They were not packaged in a secure manner, which most likely led to contact between the parts inside.

It wasn't until after I placed my order that I realized your pictures on the website were in fact from the Rizoma catalog, making your ad extremely misleading.
    As soon as I see the refund hit my bank account, I'm going to be ordering a set of CRG Hindsight bar end mirrors.

I can probably remove the right side mirror mount, as it is half of a clip holding stuff to the bars. I plan to use the left side to mount my GoPro. I'm working on an aluminum mount for this today.

Hope this is helpful!

That sucks, sorry for the link i didn't know they were this bad.
    Be careful with PayPal's dispute center, i've had a bad experience with them, they put my account on hold to "investigate" the issue, which took them months to resolve. I had to open another account..

Thanks for the heads up!

Quote Originally Posted by Robhor View Post
    That sucks, sorry for the link i didn't know they were this bad.
    Be careful with PayPal's dispute center, i've had a bad experience with them, they put my account on hold to "investigate" the issue, which took them months to resolve. I had to open another account..

Thanks for the heads up!
    Yea I had a pretty crappy experience with paypal disputing a charge as well. Never got something I paid for on eBay. Took forever to resolve and I ended up getting only like half my money back. Good luck though, have you talked to the seller? Or are they over in China somewhere or something?
    2005 Raw Titanium Z1000
    PCIII, BMC Air Filter & Airbox Mod, Renthal Ultra Low's, 520 -1/+2 Conversion, Hyperpro RSC Steering Damper
    636 Forks and Calipers, 07' 636 Front Wheel, Tach LED swap w/black face, Other Stickers
    Muzzy Headers, LeoVince GP Can, Pazzo Levers, TSW Trackstar 4 Wheel, Gold Rim Stipes
    Frame & Swingarm Sliders, Fender Eliminator, TechSpec, Honda VFR Single Sided Swingarm

The seller is in Hong Kong.

I very rarely use ebay or paypal, so I don't care if my account is tied up for 6 months.

# 12/9/2010 22:06 PST - Seller: we suggest you go to professional workshop to install these mirror.

# 12/9/2010 22:01 PST - Seller: you need make some modification if you change original brake master.Our mirror only guarantee to fit on orignal bike.(also bolts need to cut short),about scratching,we have wraped them by 3 layer of bubble bag and box.anyway we can accept give your 20% off
    This is what they wrote back. Keep in mind that their mirrors were pictured on a 2010 Z1000 with the Rizoma Brake Fluid Reservoir.

The picture actually came from the Rizoma web site.

Edit: I'm getting a refund, but I must pay for shipping back to the seller.
    Last edited by transistorkc; 12-10-10 at 05:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by transistorkc View Post
    The seller is in Hong Kong.

I very rarely use ebay or paypal, so I don't care if my account is tied up for 6 months.

This is what they wrote back. Keep in mind that their mirrors were pictured on a 2010 Z1000 with the Rizoma Brake Fluid Reservoir.

The picture actually came from the Rizoma web site.

Edit: I'm getting a refund, but I must pay for shipping back to the seller.
    Bad deal, and bad Engrish too! lol

At least your not out everything, and hopefully you've saved others from this as well.

I have ordered the same from Taiwan and based on my feedback they have changed the packaging to a more sturdy polystyrene mould and box with all the bits and pieces properly arranged. I have fixed mine up and have ordered another 4 sets for my other Zthousers here. Have fixed up the 2nd set yesterday and no issues on scratches or broken bits so far. I think it was the bad handling during the delivery for your case.
    Anyway here is my pic.
    Z1000 2010, white/orange....
    Cal Science windshield c/w MRA support brackets, Ermax tail tidy, Healtech GIPro gear ind., 40 tooth rear sprocket, Monster Energy s/steel radiator cover, KTC brake/clutch lever guards, strobes, some carbon look vinyl wraps, customised licence plates, Yoshimura R77 carbon slip-on mufflers, Rizoma lux grips, Tomok look alike rear view mirrors, alu gold anodized levers and counting...

oh yeaa...and they cost 70% less than the oris from Rizoma but at par with quality, not to mention they don't move or vibrate up to speeds of 230km/hr so far....
    Cal Science windshield c/w MRA support brackets, Ermax tail tidy, Healtech GIPro gear ind., 40 tooth rear sprocket, Monster Energy s/steel radiator cover, KTC brake/clutch lever guards, strobes, some carbon look vinyl wraps, customised licence plates, Yoshimura R77 carbon slip-on mufflers, Rizoma lux grips, Tomok look alike rear view mirrors, alu gold anodized levers and counting...

Quote Originally Posted by suffian68 View Post
    I have ordered the same from Taiwan and based on my feedback they have changed the packaging to a more sturdy polystyrene mould and box with all the bits and pieces properly arranged. I have fixed mine up and have ordered another 4 sets for my other Zthousers here. Have fixed up the 2nd set yesterday and no issues on scratches or broken bits so far. I think it was the bad handling during the delivery for your case.
    Anyway here is my pic.
    Suffian,
    Are the Grips, levers and Mirrors in your pic from the same site, or did you get them from elsewhere?
    They look great and I would love to put the on my Z1000, I just have a lot of trouble justifying the Rizoma prices!
    As long as they function properly, look decent and are of good quality, the branding doesn't really bother me to much.

Hi Scarecrow.....the grips are Rizoma originals cos they don't make them as yet...as for the side mirrors and the levers , they came form the same source.....quality is pretty decent......as you can see the side mirror brackets face inward compared to the rizoma oris which face outward and are higher longer to clear the oil reservoir...but that didn't bother me much and we have to shorten one M10 screw by 5mm to fit onto the throttle side....I've had 4 customers that are satisfied so far.....cheers...

Hey Suffian68, Where did you get that windshield? I like it alot. I didn't see it on the Ermax Web site. Also how much? Thanks in advance fro your reply.......Bob

Please reply to me at: badspony@yahoo.com

grezdjr, the windscreen is a California Scientific screen. Look them up, you'll be about to find it, Cheers!
    Auston KCCO

Cages: 2009 GMC 2500HD DMax (550hp), 1994 Plymouth Acclaim (DD)

Gone!! 2012 Diavel (electrical gremlins) 2010 Z1000 & 2008 Z1000

Hey Suffian68,How long it took to arrive?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Ads