RiderForums.com - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum banner

Battery/Other issue, Tach dropping to zero

842 views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  Buddhaman 
#1 · (Edited)
I got the motodynamic integrated taillight and noticed alot of flashing after install when testing brakes (besides the flash mode, it would flash randomly after much time with brake applied). I did not install the resistors right away as I changed the mode off from flash braking, thinking that would alleviate it. It did the fix random flashing, but not the voltage problem. Within a week with only a few rides my battery was dead. I have installed the extra included resistors since then.

The trickle charge and resistors worked and bike seems to be running fine. I went on a 30 minute ride. It held the charge for about four days when I left town. However, now the tach will be fine for 5 minutes and the drop to zero whenever idling. It is not going as high as it should based on the sound of the bike either, but I can definitely tell when idling it drops to zero rpms. If I turn off the bike and restart it, the idling will be back to normal for 5 minutes then drop again.

I purchased a battery tender and mulitmeter, but based on the bike starting fine and holding a charge, and then the tach dropping, not sure what the issue is. Its a 2016 only a few months old. I have read what battery tests to do and figured I needed the charger anyways for next time, but has anyone dealt with something like this before? Thank you in advance

See less See more
#3 ·
Not sure if warranty will be honored on this one. Will keep updated in case someone comes across it in the future. Charged battery full and tach still drops to zero at idle within 5 mins. Planning on dropping off at dealer tmw. Hope it won't be too expensive

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.