RiderForums.com - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum banner

rear brake angle

1K views 10 replies 5 participants last post by  Texas 
#1 ·
How can I get the back brake angled up higher? dont see anyway to do it...possible? its too far down my foot has to angle down too far

#3 ·
I see a pinch bolt and what looks like a splined shaft the maybe I can loosen then pull out the pedal to reposition it? Can't get the brake lever out after loosening the bolt....hummmm

#5 ·
Oooohhhh no I just loosened it, I need to take it all the way out huh then it slides out?...I don't think that the adjustment nut on the slave cylinder is the way to change angle is it? Don't sound right

#6 ·
#7 ·
There's a piece that attaches to the pedal shaft, and has two "ears" that attach to the master cylinder and a return spring. There's a bolt that goes through it to hold it in place, and I recall that the bolt must be removed completely. The shaft has a round groove that the bolt goes through to hold it in place, sort of how the shift lever is attached. This pic is as if you were laying under the right side looking almost straight up at the brake mechanism. If you remove the bolt you should be able to wiggle the pedal shaft out of it and re-seat it.

It might be tricky with the springs in place, I've always done it as part of having the right bracket off so that might make it easier.

Auto part Metal

#9 ·
There's a piece that attaches to the pedal shaft, and has two "ears" that attach to the master cylinder and a return spring. There's a bolt that goes through it to hold it in place, and I recall that the bolt must be removed completely. The shaft has a round groove that the bolt goes through to hold it in place, sort of how the shift lever is attached. This pic is as if you were laying under the right side looking almost straight up at the brake mechanism. If you remove the bolt you should be able to wiggle the pedal shaft out of it and re-seat it.

It might be tricky with the springs in place, I've always done it as part of having the right bracket off so that might make it easier.

View attachment 85575
You where right on, just completely removed the bolt pinching the spline shaft and the lever pulled right out and re-installed it at the angle I wanted... easy peasy...thanks Lee you where right!

Reactions: Texas
#8 · (Edited)
Reactions: lee and bearclaw
#11 ·
Excellent. Texas actually wins for the easier approach to show how it works...I didn't even think of a picture.
Men learn better and faster when there is something visual added to look at. Take a cookbook for example. Give one man a cookbook to learn to cook from...and give the other man a woman with big boobys holding a cookbook...:D

Reactions: bearclaw
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.