RiderForums.com - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum banner

Boy, is this forum dead!

2K views 12 replies 9 participants last post by  Tom Bozeman 
#1 ·
I come back after a month away and no new posts? Are all the rexxers gone to the ZRXOA?

#3 ·
Hi Tom,

I had my engine rebuilt becuase the person who assembled the motor at the factory gouged the bottom face of the cylinder block, which caused the head gasket to fail and leak coolant out the left side of the motor. Luckily, no coolant was leaking into the cylinders. :ripped:

It was all covered under warranty, but it took six weeks (from Halloween till mid-December) for the dealer to get all the parts and the thing rebuilt. What a pain in the :moon:

So, I get to break it in again. :yell:

#7 ·
i just hope kawi makes the ZRX for another 3-5 years. i need some time with a job and to get settled after school but i'd love one. sat on them at dealerships a few times and the appearance of the bike is right up my alley.

#8 ·
Zed Kilo said:
:)

Yeah I've got ZRX lust, big time.

Decided I prefer it to the Z1000, feel like it'll age better for one thing, but that monster mid-range just sounds perfect for the real-world. And having owned & enjoyed a CB900F and a Zephyr 750 before, I think the ZRX is a cream dream. :D

Something about Kawasaki's big inline fours, they're just wicked. (in a good way!)

#9 ·
I had a bad case of ZRX envy last year. My buddy Mickey, who once owned a ZR-7 and traded it in on a 2001 ZRX,
insisted that I take it for a ride. It is an awesome, smooth, powerful machine. I had to force myself not to buy one for about 3 weeks before the feeling went away!

#13 ·
redryan said:
...and blue is worth three red, five green, and two black/grey. :D :moon: :sweat:
Here's a pic of a Black ZRX that I can't ride for another month (still recuperating from surgery) next to a little bike that my grandson rode today....

note the bar end mirrors I got from Chrispy and the exhaust hanger from Ted (a little hard to see in the pic).

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.