RiderForums.com - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum banner

what stock swingarm can i put on my 05 zrx1200r

4K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  Pmbiker 
#1 ·
what stock swingarm can i put on my 05 zrx1200r thats not a round tube looking to put swingarm extensions

#2 ·
You may need to find a more active ZRX forum for that type of question. The ZRX section of riderforums tends to have traffic because the person either owns one or more other bikes that are represented in these forums, grew tired of the larger ZRX forums antics, or just likes the environment on riderforums.

#4 ·
Well if I really had to find an alternative I'd look at the basic bike/frame the ZRX1100 came from and that would probably be the late 90's GPz1100. I believe that bike had a simple twin arm swing arm. But it is a single shock style swing are. All ZRX's made are "retro" styled with using twin a twin shock under arm braced units using a eccentric rather than a conventional chain adjustment system. You will probably be better off going to a local drag racer and find who does their frame work and meet with them on what your alternatives are. Honestly hunting down a stock unit and modifying it to suit your needs are probably your best choice.

#5 ·
I'm preparing an older ZX6 arm. I had shock mounts welded on and I've heard the spacing is close. Pivot diameter is the same, I think you need to use the zrx spacer on the non drive side. I'm also having custom axle blocks made by a friend as the rear axles are diff diameters and I'm invested in my wheels already. If I didn't have wheel$ already I might consider the zx6 rear wheel and brake setup.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.