RiderForums.com - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum banner

Is There Anybody Out There????

5K views 11 replies 11 participants last post by  graeme.medley 
#1 ·
I've been an active member of the ZR7 sub-forum since 2003, and have just bought myself a ZRX1200s

So I thought I'd pop over to the ZRX land section, only to find everyones out riding!

Anyway, here's my new bike - she may be 8 years old, but with under 7,500 miles on the dials practically brand new.

See less See more
#3 ·
stop showing off your new bike g.m! or i will have to go buy one!!! you got such a good deal there, and if you cant find a good forum for it then that means it must be 100% reliable :D

#5 ·
:Wow1: NICE looking 8yr. old bike. The last owner didnt do anything but clean it by the way it looks.. :mouthwate

#7 ·
Congrats on the find Graeme! I've always liked the ZRX; it's on my short list to eventually replace my ZR. As noted by others, all ZRX sold here in Yankeeville came with the bikini fairing only because it was to supposed to mimic factory Kwackers in an old AMA racing series.

#9 ·
I have a 2006 NINJA 650R w a arrow exaust, 120 front 170 rear. i know i suck at spelling lol. I just orderd some wood craft clipon's with a 1 in rise and a clip on spacer, also some wood craft rear sets. i plan on lowering the front forks(to tuck the front wheel) to look like most sport bikes. does any one honestly know how this will make the bike preform and or any suggestions on what else to do. i love this bike i just want it to be org. by turning it into more of a sport type bike not touring.

Read more: http://forums.superstreetbike.com/7...modding-a-ninja-650r/index.html#ixzz1iW1w3BNs Land vehicle Vehicle Motorcycle Car Motor vehicle
Land vehicle Vehicle Tire Automotive tire Motorcycle
Land vehicle Vehicle Motorcycle Supermoto Motorcycle racing

#12 ·
Hi there GG,
in answer to your questions:

Yes I still have the ZR7, at 12 years old with 43,000 miles under its wheels its worth more as a keeper than to part exchange it. I do however plan on returning it to standard form, so I may well be selling some of the 'add-ons' at some time. (Genuine Givi rack and side carriers anyone ??)

Well spotted the ZRX has no centre stand, the swing arm doesn't allow it. Simple answer is to use a paddock stand. If you look closely at the photos, you'll see that there are is set of annodised (pink !!) bobbins fitted. They are #2 on the list to get removed/replaced, after the hideous rubber tank pad.

I've also got a 4 degree ignition advancer and a 'Blueflame' twin port titanium end can waiting to be fitted.

I won't actually pick up the bike until April, the dealer is keeping it for me. To remove the temptation of taking out on wet, greasy salt-gritty roads and getting it dirty.

and to answer some of the other comments, yes, I've found the ZRXOA and ZRXOC, also ZRXUK and signed up for them all.

All I really need now is some sunshine and a little bit of warmer rain and I'm set to go !!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.