RiderForums.com - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum banner

ZRX Owners?

31K views 45 replies 28 participants last post by  Jerry BB 
#1 ·
Is there anyone here that has one? I know I can't be the only one..:alcy:

#2 ·
I think there are still a few. We do have several former ZRex owners too who are very familiar with the bike and it's mods. One of these days I'll find mine and have the money for it. hahah. There is also ZRXOA.com if you haven't checked them out.

#15 ·
I rode a coworkers ZRX and it left an indelible impression. Cruising along in 3rd gear, the bike was loafing at about 75mph. What a motor!!! It's like a 2-wheeled musclecar. If (and when) I get another bike, it is definitely on the short list. Nice GPZ550 too!

#16 ·
I love these bikes. I was really close to getting one before I got my Z1000. I cant say I made the right or wrong decision but fuel injection won me over for the ease of it.

I suppose this belongs in another thread or area but what are the differences between the 1100 and the 1200? Anything other than a little displacement?

#17 ·
The rear swingarm is different, some minor mods like decals & I think the suspension is different too both front & rear, not that you'd probably notice. The engine is the biggest diff but the 1100 is so easily modded, it can keep up w/the 1200 no probelmo. Just ask the 1100 owners over on the zrxoa.org site! The 1200 stock offered a lot more HP/torque over the base 1100 engine but that can be easily remedied.
Lee

#23 ·
I was torn when I was looking for a new bike between the ZRex, zx12,Z1000 and of all things a Buell lightning. I rode the buell and ended up with the Z because as someone mentioned, fuel injection is easier as well as the overall style of the bike itself. I came from a '77 CB750F and love the retro styling of the ZRex, but the Z1k stole the show without me ever having ridden one. ZX12 seemed like trouble, and from the way I ride the Z, I'm beginning to think the trouble is in the rider, not the bike. They're all good bikes in their own way.

#24 ·
Funny you say that. I notice that I'm more disciplined on the Z1 then I was on my ZRX. ZRX was just stupid torquey down low, so to smoothen things up I ended up riding faster. If I saw a gap in front of me, I'd punch it and go 200+kph regularly (that bikini fairing really does work). I try that with the Z and I'm forced to put my chin down to the tank, so it's not as easy nor as fun. But it's better that way IMO.

#26 ·
I love Zeds and ZRX's, so much so I've got one of each.

I have pretty much got the ZRX where I want it so the Zed is my focus ATM. The best thing about them is that they really are sooo different.

Here is a pic of the ZRX, I'll post a pic of the zed as soon as I can get one with the current mods included

#31 ·
I was actually looking for an ELR paint schemed ZRX when I bought my Z1000 instead. I still want one, but prolly not gonna happen.... *sigh*

#35 ·
I'm here too!
Mine is a European spec ZRX1200S with the half fairing.

It was never importee into the US or Canada.
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Motorcycle Rim

Land vehicle Vehicle Motorcycle Car Motor vehicle

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.