RiderForums.com - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum banner

Best seat/screen combo I've found...

3K views 23 replies 6 participants last post by  Edward ZRX 
#1 ·
So far, that is, for my ZRX1200R... I installed my Corbin seat not long ago (and I love that seat, BTW), and also installed a "tall" Givi windscreen. After a short ride, I've come to the conclusion that this is the best "combo" for me at 5' 8" for seat comfort and wind resistance from my new screen! Trial and error is expensive, as I've found (started with a ZG dark screen..then a Laminar Lip, and now the Givi)...but I think this is it! Pics to follow:

#5 ·
fade said:
So where's the Green piping:laugh: :laugh: ...........we have pics too:laugh:
All kidding aside.......your bike looks better Tom:cool:
My guess is...that you noticed the "stickers" are gone now??? :D J/K, but the combo of the Corbin and the new screen work very well for me... so, where's the next ride?? :headbang:

#7 ·
The Corbin is a bit expensive, but I'm glad I have it now. I can move around on the bike much better with it...not that I'm a kneedragger...but shifting my weight is much easier and the Corbin is much more forgiving on the butt on over 2 hours of riding. It sets me a little lower behind the GIVI screen, so the helmet noise isn't so bad, but it is wider than the stocker, but I got used to that quickly. Keep me posted on what your'e up to these days Edward. Tom :)

#8 ·
I'm up to..

6'1"! LOL! I've just received my NWS rear hugger and Eric's radiator bracket kit. I recently added Chuck C's mirror extenders and man do they work! Also put on some Clear Alternatives lense covers. Here's a pic before adding the hugger and rad brackets. Later! :D

#13 ·
Eric's Radiator Brackets...

Seem to be quite the hot item for REX's nowadays. I've heard folks say that the bike runs a bit cooler with the shrouds off since you get better air flow. Tom, didn't you order a pair?

Edward, you're right on about chuck's extenders.

#14 ·
In three years we'll have to change Tom's handle from Dirty "Moderator"Harry to Dirty"Depends"Harry...lol
Just kidding bro...you know I love you man...can I have your Bud Light?...lol
Ed:drool:

#16 ·
Re: Eric's Radiator Brackets...

danaceau said:
Seem to be quite the hot item for REX's nowadays. I've heard folks say that the bike runs a bit cooler with the shrouds off since you get better air flow. Tom, didn't you order a pair?

Edward, you're right on about chuck's extenders.
Is Eric still making the brackets? I intended to order some, but haven't yet.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.