RiderForums.com - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum banner

this m2r helmet saved my life!!

3K views 11 replies 10 participants last post by  scrubdog24 
#1 ·
http://www.kneedraggers.com/details...ll_Face_Helmet_KGA_CharcoalBlack--614678.html

i lowsided into a corner on a canyon road last friday, i cut my hand prety good, and banged up my knees a little, prety minor injuries for the crash, but when i lowsided my head slammed into the ground really hard on the left side of my head, i think the helmet did a good job of protecting me, with out a doubt in my mind i would not be here if it wasent for wearing a helmet, it might not look that bad, but my head hit the ground very hard!!

See less See more
#3 ·
Right there is why I ALWAYS wear a full face helmet. Glad you are ok.

#4 ·
Z FAN said:
it might not look that bad, but my head hit the ground very hard!!

Sure, it may not look "that bad"... But, I imagine that your cheeks, forehead, ears and scalp are not quite as hard as that lexan and polycarbonate (or whatever the shell is made of). I suspect you would not have faired very well without it.

Like CGShorty... I have only every owned full faced helmets. Yours is a good indication to my why that is a good idea.

Hope you are 100% soon. How is the bike? Or do I need to find another thread for that??

#5 ·
my cheeks are not as hard as my helmet but my head is :smashfrea

and yeah there is pics of the bike in my other thred in general z1k

#7 ·
hmmm i wonder if m2r would buy the old helmet off me to use haha i never even got a headache afterwards

#8 ·
great job!

Wow, that's why I always wear my full face helmet... even on hot days...

I'm in florida for vacation and I can see riders HOLDING on to their helmet or have it strapped to the side of the bike WHILE riding!

It's so stupid that if you've got one... and you've got the sense to bring it along with you... I dont think it's gonna do ANY good sitting on the SIDE of the bike instead of on top of your head... silly rabbits...

#9 ·
Vinhtvu2 said:
I'm in florida for vacation and I can see riders HOLDING on to their helmet or have it strapped to the side of the bike WHILE riding!

It's so stupid that if you've got one... and you've got the sense to bring it along with you... I dont think it's gonna do ANY good sitting on the SIDE of the bike instead of on top of your head... silly rabbits...
I think most non-helmeted riders who carry helmets do so for any potential passenger who might want to wear it. But I agree it looks really dumb.

#10 ·
I don't have a choice about wearing a helmet which takes care of the problem.
They've even removed the loopholes for not wearing one (which required a doc's cert.), if you can't wear a helmet, you can't ride.......
I suppose that's fair coz the life support machines are their's, no point using them on stoopid f'ers.

plus they work! and a big ups to GLOVES!!!!

#12 ·
One of the bike mags did testing a while back to compare how safe a $400 helmet was compared to a $100 helmet. M2R was at the top of the list for keeping your head safe in a blunt hit accident and the price is very reasonable.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.