RiderForums.com - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum banner

gota have one

22K views 91 replies 26 participants last post by  kawtoy_77 
#1 ·
#4 ·
TYFOON said:
What's top speed on a ZRX?
About 158 or so as best I've been able to do. But that's an indicated speed on my 1st ZRX1200R, which was a black model and modded with a full Muzzy exhaust, K&N filter and stage 1 dynojet kit. Check out Muzzy's website for the 1224cc (?) upgrade and you have a Busa competitor. I'm not in to that though. I like my latest Green ZRX1200R with just a Yoshi slip on and better brakes/suspension. The ZRX is a little on the heavy side. But you wouldn't know it at speed. It's a kickass hooligan bike anyway. Take it to the dragstip on Fri. night and ride it in the twisties on Sunday.....and commute to work on Monday. :headbang:

#7 ·
Zammy said:
:bud: I'm witcha . I picked mine up today. This is my third ZRX. :headbang:
I too, picked up an 01 with 36k on it for 1800 just last night. It has a slipon and a stage 3 kit with pod filters. hard to keep the front wheel down in first or second.

#8 ·
Tom that is a beautiful looking bike.

#15 ·
Tom Bozeman said:
Cool. How many bikes do you own now Buster? You making the ride in May? :alcy:
I have a few. An 05 CBR600RR,03 636,97 bandit 12 with 150 Dale Walker HP. I have a 99 SRAD and now the ZRX. I think that is enough for now. As for the May ride I think there is just too much effort and expense involved. I am just too lazy to pull it off.

#16 ·
FOON, a buddy over on the ZRXOA forum has over 100 foot pounds of Torque with his 1200. Thats with out the 50 shot of NOS, he then has 198 hp and over 150 foot pounds of Torque, THATS wheelie power ! :wink:

#17 ·
Tom Bozeman said:
Thank you. Hopefully I'll have my latest Green ZRX looking about the same once I meet up with Zammy and get it "Back to Black." :headbang:

Not to say the Green machine isn't just as awesome.... I'll post a few pics of it later. ;)
Off topic, but where the hell do you ride around here? It is so friggin FLAAAAAATTTT. I need some turns!!!

#18 ·
scrubdog24 said:
Off topic, but where the hell do you ride around here? It is so friggin FLAAAAAATTTT. I need some turns!!!
It's a little better here in Fayetteville than Wilmington for sure and I can ride some decent twisties not to far from here near Troy, NC (the Uwharrie National Forest area). The real good stuff is about a 3 hour ride into the mountains from Fayetteville. You might want to consider making the trip to Hillsville, Va in May....Meet me here in Fayetteville and I'll lead the way. Do a Mapquest search from Wilmington to Mt. Airy, NC and you'll have a good idea of what I'm talking about....Hillsville isn't to far from Mt. Airy. Tom

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.