RiderForums.com - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum banner

handle bar question

3K views 9 replies 8 participants last post by  cobjerry 
#1 ·
I am new to the forum and trying to find some chrome superbike bars for the ZRX. I have changed the mirrors out with some chrome ducatti sport classics banana clips, but they don't match the stock black bars and they sit up a little to high. If anyone has any info or picks that could help me out I would appreciate it.

#2 ·
Kurzrx said:
I am new to the forum and trying to find some chrome superbike bars for the ZRX. I have changed the mirrors out with some chrome ducatti sport classics banana clips, but they don't match the stock black bars and they sit up a little to high. If anyone has any info or picks that could help me out I would appreciate it.
You might find what you are looking for by signing on at www.zrxoa.org I can't help you with that. I'm on my 2nd ZRX1200R and have never changed the handlebars, but I did try some barend mirrors once....didn't like them though. Good Luck in your search. Tom

#4 · (Edited)
EA6BMECH said:
So Tom, you're back on a ZRX again huh?? Man, since I put new tires on my bike, it has been riding great. I got bit with using take-offs for the last few years. The bike handled terrible!!! even with the Racetech and Works.
No more take offs for me either. I'll be replacing my tires with BT014's or BT012SS real soon (standard 'stones suck). So far I've got some of Ted's stuff (pipe hanger, rad fingers, chain guard), champs sliders (of course) and a Two Bros. slip on for some noise, Pro Tek pegs and some other minor stuff. Plan on going with Sonic springs or RaceTech valving and springs and new galfer brake lines soon, not so sure about what to do with the rear suspension yet...any advice? Anyhow here's a recent pic of the green machine (never thought I'd own a Green ZRX, but I kinda like it now....they sort of grow on you, I guess). I'll send you a pm when I can get up that way....

#5 ·
Tom Bozeman said:
No more take offs for me either. I'll be replacing my tires with BT014's or BT012SS real soon (standard 'stones suck).....

(off topic)
If you are looking for a set of kick a$$ all purpose street tires, then look at the Metzeler Z6's. Those of use of have tried them on our ZR-7's give them top ratings.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.