RiderForums.com - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum banner

Binned the Z at the Track

886 views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  Elfmaze 
#1 ·
Props to Shogun frame sliders and those sketchy Mototeck case sliders.

They both did their job on the track today... had a low side, damage is pretty minimal, though the bike spun around and dragged from rear to front and managed to bend the handlebars.

No marks on any body work, tank or anything like that.

Total damage:

Bent Handlebar
Bent rear brake pedal
Bent right peg

Totally laughable incidient. It was fun.

#2 ·
Sorry to hear but sounds like the precaution stuff payed off. Just yesterday I had my frame sliders installed. Sounds like they are worth it....
How did you come off? Just slide across the track?
Did you lose the front or rear?
Did you have the 180 rear on and how did it feel while you were upright?

Oh yeah....:worthless

Hope you get it sorted easy enough....

#3 ·
It was a lowside... 2nd gear right hand hairpin.

I'm still not sure what happened. The whole track is all 2, 3 gear corners, very short for a litre bike, but still fun. It was very very hot and humid, I was tired, I don't know what happened.

I know it wasn't braking, I was off the brakes and on the throttle chasing my buddy on a 1000RR that was showing me the lines. He was riding well below his ability for my sake, but we were still going good. I think I tried to tighten my line up too abruptly to clip a late apex and my peg hit too hard to fast... it just slid out.
I held the right bar, so it spun around a bit before it hit the grass and managed to bend the bar towards the front. It was only sliding on asphalt for maybe 30 feet (if that)

PICS:

#7 ·
i've always argued against fork sliders since there never seemes to be any damage to forks from sliding. maby i have to rethink, lol

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.