RiderForums.com - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum banner

Pilot screws

8K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  MBD Afflicted 
#1 ·
I fitted a Two Brothers slip-on to my zrx1200 and it now runs a little too lean on the over-run. I need to richen up via the pilot screws. Are there blanking plugs fitted on top of the screws and if so how do I get them out? Am correct in thinking I turn the screws counter clockwise to supply more fuel?

Thanks for the advice!

Mel

#2 ·
Go to the ZR-7 home page at www.zr-7.com and click on maintenance. Then click on "idle mixture screw adjustment" and then "EGR removal". These steps are for the ZR-7 but you'll get the general idea for your ZRX.

Turning the scrws countercolckwise will richen the mixture but but removing or disabling the "EGR" (even though it is not really EGR)
system wil eliminate the popping.

Or there is probably detailed info for the ZRX at www.ZRXOA.com

#3 ·
My GPz1100 is a very similar engine, and the conventional wisdom on the GPz list is to tweak the low speed screws, see if it works, if not, buy the Factory brand jet kit. I'm sure there are similar preferences and lots of experience to back them at the ZRX owners site. I bought DynoJet, but the Factory kit comes with #38 pilot jets, at least for the GPz. I had to buy them separately for the Dynojet kit. Live and learn....

Regards,
Paul in Alabama

#4 ·
Do it the right way! Call Ivan's Performance and order one of his superb jet kits. It will make more difference in your ZRX than you can imagine!

He has taken his time and produced a product that makes the bike run properly over the entire rpm range!

And he has the mods for what you are talking about.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.