RiderForums.com - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum banner

My ZRX has left the garage...

2K views 9 replies 5 participants last post by  plane 
#1 ·
Yes, my '01 Black ZRX1200 and I have parted ways after 3 wonderful years of mountain twisties riding and many, many good weekends of pure adrenaline pumping fun on my local backroads here in the Tarheel State. I got $4,500 in cash for her today. The new owner gave me a scare riding it away...I thought he was gonna drop my old friend before he got out of the neighborhood.... :thud: but he didn't... :D Oh well, now I've got $1,000 in mod $$ for the newly acquired SV650S... :headbang:

I'll still check here for new posts on the ZRX and on ZRXOA for old times sake... Tom :D

The ZRX is one fine motorcycle, and I'll definately miss mine.... :mecry:

#3 ·
Glad you were able to sell it. I'm keepin' mine for a while, especially since we just got a new ride (see below).

On the other hand, I've been watching so much MotoGP and World SBK lately, I've been thinking about getting a used sportbike in a year or so...maybe a 636. :FIREdevil

#4 ·
redryan said:
Glad you were able to sell it. I'm keepin' mine for a while, especially since we just got a new ride (see below).

On the other hand, I've been watching so much MotoGP and World SBK lately, I've been thinking about getting a used sportbike in a year or so...maybe a 636. :FIREdevil
Mike and Ted... I miss the ZRX already, but I want to get off the street and on the track. Mike, you wouldn't believe how many calls I got on my classified ad.... "Is it a Ninja ZX12?" Me: "No, it's a naked sport standard"..... Click... Nice new ride Mike... :headbang:

#5 ·
Sad you sold the Rex...

I'm sad you sold your rex Tom, did you sell it with or without the fairing. If you sold it with the fairing, what are you doing with the round headlight and bracket?
I'm dieing to turn my 1100 into a tru naked.
Cheers,
Pete

#7 ·
Re: Sad you sold the Rex...

plane said:
I'm sad you sold your rex Tom, did you sell it with or without the fairing. If you sold it with the fairing, what are you doing with the round headlight and bracket?
I'm dieing to turn my 1100 into a tru naked.
Cheers,
Pete
Hey Pete, I sold it with the ZR-7 headlight and the F-16 National Cycle windscreen. Tony Danztler and I traded headlight assemblies some time ago, so my fairing is on a ZR-7 in Charleston, SC. Sign up at www.zrxoa.com (if you haven't already) and keep an eye out on the "accessories for sale" section of the forum and you might find one. Good Luck to you man.

#8 ·
I thought it would be a long shot Tom. But you never know if you don't have a go!!
I've been a ZRXOA member for about three years now and am keeping my eyes peeled on that site too. Worst case scenario is that I'll have to lash out for a new bracket, but I'll be waiting until I get to the States in July before I buy a new one. The price in Aus is about $US100.
Cheers,
Pete

#10 · (Edited)
Tom Bozeman said:
Hey Pete, I see you signed on ZRXOA just 2 months before I did in 2002.... now, what's up with that green avatar? :D

If I get any leads on a round headlight for your ZRX I'll let you know. Tom
He He he...
That is a White's, Green Tree Frog in my avatar on the ZRXOA. They are pretty common around my neck of the woods. He just happened to be siiting on the back of one of my chairs on the patio one night so I snapped a few pics.
Amazing how close his colour is to the Jade Pearl Green of a '99 rex!
Cheers,
Pete
P.S. So as not to force you all to register on the ZRXOA... here's the fellow we are talking about. I'll add him as an avatar as well.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.