RiderForums.com - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum banner

Radiator

5K views 5 replies 2 participants last post by  Tom Bozeman 
#1 ·
I got a hole in my radiator and it needs changing. Are there any special tools/procedures required to remove and replace it? I know that I will have to remove the tank.

Tx,

Mel

PS: all the handling problems cleared up with a change to a new set of Azzaro's.

#3 ·
mbandit said:
I got a hole in my radiator and it needs changing. Are there any special tools/procedures required to remove and replace it? I know that I will have to remove the tank.

Tx,

Mel

PS: all the handling problems cleared up with a change to a new set of Azzaro's.
No. It's pretty simple. I took mine off when I put the full Muzzy exhaust on.

#5 ·
Re: coolant

mbandit said:
Tom,

What can you tell me about the coolant?

Mel
I used the Prestone pre-diluted 50/50...called "quick fill" I think. I could provide you more detail on bleeding the radiator, capacity etc. but I sold my ZRX1200 repair manual not long ago since my ZRX is for sale, but as I recall it's a fairly simple procedure. If you haven't already signed up at www.zrxoa.org you might consider posting maintenance questions there...I've learned a lot about the ZRX in the last 3 years I've been a member there... Tom

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.