RiderForums.com - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum banner

Motorcyclist Mag - ZRX report

2K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  MBD Afflicted 
#1 ·
Anyone else get Motorcyclist magazine? They just had a little one pager about how great the ZRX is and how they have mistakenly overlooked it all this time.

Now if I could just afford Tom's.....

#2 ·
I saw that. I think they are just trying to make ammends to all the people who do not ride the 600 and 1000 cc race replicas because that is normally all they write about. And if they do happen to write about something else, they trash it because it doesn't have fully adjustable suspension, 160HP and weigh 350 pounds. They had a dual sport writeup in there too, but they left out the most popular DS bike there is, the mighty KLR650!

#3 ·
JonF said:
I saw that. I think they are just trying to make ammends to all the people who do not ride the 600 and 1000 cc race replicas because that is normally all they write about. And if they do happen to write about something else, they trash it because it doesn't have fully adjustable suspension, 160HP and weigh 350 pounds. They had a dual sport writeup in there too, but they left out the most popular DS bike there is, the mighty KLR650!
I did notice the KLRs exclusion. I do seem to remember them knocking the 8K Z1000 for not having fully adjustable suspension, even though it was $5K less that the Tuono (or however it is spelled)

#4 ·
Do you think that perhaps Motorcyclist Magazine is starting to hurt for subscriptions?

Road Runner did an article on the ZRX1200 a couple of months ago, even though it was not high tech.

MCN did an article last month on the Concours.

Perhaps the folks have decided that perhaps there are those out there that want to read about "Showroom Classics" such as Peter Egan from Cycle World wants to call them.

The article is good and talks about how much fun the ZRX1200 is to ride. I have to agree. It is a hoot, you can walk after a long ride and I kind of like mine.

Guess they're just "old school UJM's" but that's fine with me!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.