RiderForums.com - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum banner

Meaningless blather about the ZRX

2K views 10 replies 8 participants last post by  buster 
#1 ·
Buster - Tom:

Here's a story you both might find interesting. Tom, remember last year we hosted the ZRXOA Hoolie Fest? Well, this girl on an SV650 came, and my friend Jen (Steve Griffith's wife). I at that point in time was still riding my Duc M750.

When the three of us hit the twisties, I stomped the crap out of that girl on the SV, I was sooooo far ahead of her, I was laughing in my helmet.............until on one of the longer straightaways, Jen (ZRX1100) passed me.........big time. So for me, it was only kinda fun, for Jen, it was great fun, and for SV girl, it was NO fun.

The SV girl was about 5'9 weighed probably 140 (?). Jen's a big girl, too - probably the same height and weight as the SV girl. I'm 5'1 and weigh 105. I don't know how much our height and weight played issue to our little race, but that was the outcome.

What are your thoughts?

Miki

#2 ·
Mikimoto said:
I stomped the crap out of that girl on the SV, I was sooooo far ahead of her, I was laughing in my helmet.............until on one of the longer straightaways, Jen (ZRX1100) passed me.........big time. The SV girl was about 5'9 weighed probably 140 (?). Jen's a big girl, too - probably the same height and weight as the SV girl. I'm 5'1 and weigh 105. I don't know how much our height and weight played issue to our little race, but that was the outcome. Miki
:threadjac

Miki,

Weight wasn't a factor on the street it's almost always rider. The best rider could be on the slowest bike and still be faster, except where skill plays no part i.e. straights.

:FIREdevil

#3 ·
Mikimoto said:
Buster - Tom:

Here's a story you both might find interesting. Tom, remember last year we hosted the ZRXOA Hoolie Fest? Well, this girl on an SV650 came, and my friend Jen (Steve Griffith's wife). I at that point in time was still riding my Duc M750.

When the three of us hit the twisties, I stomped the crap out of that girl on the SV, I was sooooo far ahead of her, I was laughing in my helmet.............until on one of the longer straightaways, Jen (ZRX1100) passed me.........big time. So for me, it was only kinda fun, for Jen, it was great fun, and for SV girl, it was NO fun.

The SV girl was about 5'9 weighed probably 140 (?). Jen's a big girl, too - probably the same height and weight as the SV girl. I'm 5'1 and weigh 105. I don't know how much our height and weight played issue to our little race, but that was the outcome.

What are your thoughts?

Miki
Well,you were only racing girls. Had Rick been there all you would have seen from the getgo would have been zrx1200 taillight.

#4 ·
Buster -

Normally, if you said something like that, I'd be REALLY pizzed at you. But to be honest, you're right. He was there, but he was heading the pack. There was only one guy, (MrZREX from ZRXOA) that could even remotely keep up with him.

I was supposed to be herding..................

Miki

#5 ·
Mikimoto said:
Buster - Tom:

What are your thoughts?

Miki
The ZRX1100 passing both of you in the straights is no surprise. But as far as the twisties.... What would have been the outcome if you had been on the SV, and she had been on your Duc? For you to outdo her THAT much in the twisties, it sounds to me like you are just a better rider. Not so much the bike.

#7 ·
Mikimoto said:
Buster - Tom:

Miki
Tom's about 5'1" and 160.........low center of gravity:wedgie: just yanking your chain Tom

#9 ·
fade said:

Tom's about 5'1" and 160.........low center of gravity:wedgie: just yanking your chain Tom
Fade -

That was tooooooooo funny. Tom, ya know I luv ya!!!

As far as Jen's ZRX1100 passing me on that long straightaway, remember the series "Star Trek", well to paraphrase Scotty - "I WAS GIVEN IT ALL THAT SHE'S GOT, CAPTAIN". But to no avail...

Miki

#11 ·
phoenix said:
Did I read this right? A 650 beating a Rex?
Not a hope in hell.
No, a ducati M750 beat a sv650 and a zrx1100 beat them both by passing down a long straight. I think that is how it went.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.