#1 ·
Here ya go Jeff:

#8 ·
'Bout damn time, Tom!:~ That bike just simply friggin rocks, sir. :headbang:

#10 ·
buster said:
Are you at mrszr7's house for a visit ?:killingme
Aaaaaaaaaaack!:barf: :barf: That is not even close to being funny!:smashfrea

Aside from his lacking social skills, cop is probably the most frequently quoted person on this forum.

#11 ·
That does look nice. Now if you were in Europe, you could've had it like that (stock) from the beginning! :slap:

:D

#12 ·
Re: Nice!

redryan said:
So Tom, did you buy the whole enchilada from the dealer?

I like the look, but I'm still not sure if the added wind on my chest would make me want to go back to the fairing.
Even trade for my ZRX fairing and headlight for his ZR-7 headlight. I don't really notice the added wind on my chest until I get over 80 mph and it's not bad enough to miss the fairing, although I might be adding some time of flyscreen to cover the speedo and tach. Maybe something like GA Limited GM has on his green ZRX (see BOTM on ZRXOA).

#13 ·
Re: Re: Nice!

Tom Bozeman said:

Even trade for my ZRX fairing and headlight for his ZR-7 headlight. I don't really notice the added wind on my chest until I get over 80 mph and it's not bad enough to miss the fairing, although I might be adding some time of flyscreen to cover the speedo and tach. Maybe something like GA Limited GM has on his green ZRX (see BOTM on ZRXOA).
I like it. I saw one up close last weekend with the same setup.

I'm gonna do ss braided brake lines then just go buy the headlight parts and keep the stock stuff in case I sell it.

I rode my bike around without the fairing and the air flow around my head was a lot less turbulent. Anyway, I never go over 80mph :FIREdevil

#15 ·
Tom Bozeman,

Do you have any idea what the parts would cost to just purchase them from the dealer?

Either that or from Holeshot Performance.

As good as it looks, I may just have to do it to my 2002. And with the candy lime green that a ZRX is supposed to be it will just look that much better! :dance:

#16 ·
MBD Afflicted said:
Tom Bozeman,

Do you have any idea what the parts would cost to just purchase them from the dealer?

Either that or from Holeshot Performance.

As good as it looks, I may just have to do it to my 2002. And with the candy lime green that a ZRX is supposed to be it will just look that much better! :dance:
Not sure since I traded my fairing/headlight to a ZR-7 owner for his headlight. I think Holeshot sold the round headlight for a little over $200, but I can't say for sure. Check out this green ZRX with ZR headlight and National Cycle windscreen:

#24 ·
plane said:
I want mine to look like that Mike.
Nice job mate!
Let me know if you ever get sick of the round headlight look and I'll buy the bracket off you!... No? Oh well, time to hit up Ron Ayers!
Cheers,
Pete

If you haven't done this already, go to zrxoa.org and search under "round headlight mod." Several guys have switched and have found economical sources for parts that work and different ways of achieving the same look.

Here's the stock parts diagram. I bought everything except the bulb and rubber seal gasket from RonAyers.com.

#26 ·
plane said:
Mike,
Did you use many of the origional ZRX hardware?
Cheers
Pete
I only used the light bulb, the rubber gasket behind it, and the nuts attaching the bracket to the bike under the gauges. Everything else was OEM Kawasaki. I'm lazy and didn't want to go looking for the correct parts.

One thing you will have to do, if you have the stock brake lines and splitter block, is to shim the splitter block so the brake line on the left side (throttle side) will clear the bracket. I bought two 8mm hex nuts and two 6mm bolts that were 10mm longer than stock. This allowed enough clearance to properly attach the brake splitter block and aim the headlight. The nuts go between the splitter and the bracket.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.