RiderForums.com - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum banner

VTX PAINT PROCESS EXPLAINED

4K views 16 replies 6 participants last post by  shiskoskit 
G
#1 ·
they will take my candy orange vtx and wet sand every piece and then mask off everything but the tribal flame job at which time they will use a silver metallic basecoat followed by 3 coats of electric green metallic followed by one coat of pearl essent translucent stuff and then one clear coat with a little gold metal flake mixed in it and then take the masking off and do 3 layers of regular clear coat on the whole thing.this thing will be bad a$$!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:AR15firin.just wanted to share....im excited and i can pick it up saturday or monday.:headbang:

#2 ·
I have never seen anyone so hyped up over trying to update an outd8ed ready for salvage motorcycle in all my life! But, good luck with your paint work . Maybe it will look more modern for a month or two anyway.

#4 ·
So what we have here is an OUTD8ET UPDATED to be more OUTD8ET :D
Did I get that right????:smilewink

G
#6 ·
AAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!

ENOUGH WITH THE OUTDATED BIKE STUFF!!!!!!!!!!!!......IT IS NOT OUTDATED,ITS JUST BROKEN IN,SEASONED AND EXPERIENCED.MAN IT AINT EVEN GOT 2K MILES ON IT YET AND I IS AN '04 MODEL.ENOUGH ALREADY!!!!!!!!!!!!1....IM TRIPPIN OUT HERE.....AAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.........................................AAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:AR15firin :AR15firin :AR15firin :AR15firin :AR15firin :AR15firin :AR15firin :AR15firin :AR15firin :AR15firin :AR15firin :AR15firin :AR15firin :AR15firin :AR15firin :AR15firin :AR15firin :AR15firin :AR15firin :AR15firin :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

#8 · (Edited)
Re: AAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!

cop1215 said:
ENOUGH WITH THE OUTDATED BIKE STUFF!!!!!!!!!!!!......IT IS NOT OUTDATED,ITS JUST BROKEN IN,SEASONED AND EXPERIENCED.MAN IT AINT EVEN GOT 2K MILES ON IT YET AND I IS AN '04 MODEL.ENOUGH ALREADY!!!!!!!!!!!!1....IM TRIPPIN OUT HERE.....AAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.........................................AAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:AR15firin :AR15firin :AR15firin :AR15firin :AR15firin :AR15firin :AR15firin :AR15firin :AR15firin :AR15firin :AR15firin :AR15firin :AR15firin :AR15firin :AR15firin :AR15firin :AR15firin :AR15firin :AR15firin :AR15firin :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:
Damn Cop, you're gonna give yourself an aneurysm (sp?) :laugh: :laugh: :smilewink

#10 ·
And I thank you for your sincerity sir.But I do not know how.I have heard you are an "authoriti" on the subject. Could you send me some instructions ?

#12 ·
Re: Re: AAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!

shiskoskit said:
what do you mean 2000 miles, what are you doing ? shining it instead of riding it ?:poke:
Nah, just looking at it sitting in the shed, anxious that it's already outdated, and wondering what to replace it with and how to do it w/o losing a lot of money but freaking out knowing that he will lose too much anyway...

Hey Cop, how about getting rid of the Wing and the VTX and getting a Boss Hoss? :thinkerg: :poke:

#15 ·
shiskoskit said:
Why is it that we enjoy teasing Barney so much ?
That's a classic rhetorical question if I ever saw one. Sometimes we learn more from the seeking of such a question and never learning the answer than we would if we did find the answer... Are you keeping up with this, Barney?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.